Please help! Is this an outbreak?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. My boyfriend gave me heroes type 1 in May. He gave it to me because he had just had his wisdom teeth removed, so he had open sores in his mouth then ate me out. That out break was the worst thing ever, hurt to talk, could only lay on my back, sores etc. He just had another tooth removed and performed oral again.. I think I'm having another out break but not sure. I included a pic. It really hurts to walk like makes me want to cry. Please help! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also, any recommendations on medicine to control the pain? 
  • Posted

Hi Jenna. Herpes outbreaks are not caused by teeth removal and having sores inside his mouth does not spread it. Herpes is contagious when there is an obvious outbreak (usually on the lips) or when viral shedding happens(the herpes travels to the skin and saliva but does not trigger an outbreak which is contagious). Viral shedding is tricky because he is contagious without knowing.. Did he have an outbreak when he performed oral sex or not ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.