Please help!! Is this herpes? (images attached)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I noticed that I was a bit sore on my vulva while wiping after peeing. I grabbed a mirror and had a look, and saw that it looked red and irritated, with a few little fleshy bumps. I haven't noticed these bumps before. I think there may also be a sore/ulcer there somewhere that is causing pain when I touch it, the bumps themselves are painless.

For context, I have recently developed an anxiety about not being clean 'down there'. I have recently started to wipe myself very vigorously with toilet paper, and dry myself the same way with a towel. I had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago, and protected sex (but unprotected oral sex) a month ago.

I got a swab test done at the GP and I am waiting for my results but really freaking out. I am super scared, and I can't think about anything other than getting my results back. Does this look like herpes to anyone? Is it possible I've just created an abrasion by cleaning too hard? I just need to know, either way.imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

My swab results were negative, as were my tests for chlamydia and gono, seems it is just an abrasion and maybe vestibular pallimotatosis?

• Posted

have you tasted for HPV? As i have the same and unforrunately i am positive for HPV

• Posted

I have! Which they told me was negative, I did think the bumps looked wart like. Hope you're doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.