Please Help-Is This IC- Desperate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Feb- treated for a bladder infection diagnosed by dipstick- blood in urine, protein and white cells- can't remember if doc said nitrates-never cultured- took bactrim and azo for 3 days felt better on 4th day (retested 3rd day still had symptoms urine culture neg.) 

Off and on i worried that it was coming back. Would have frequency but eventually cleared up. Must add I was drinking up to 100 oz of water a day and lots of coffee. 

Yeast infection from antibiotics that wouldn't clear up took clotrimazole for about 10 days then developed some swelling. Doc said very tight pelvic floor muscles and spasming referred me to physical therapist. 

Had first physical therapy session with lots of massage and next day felt like i had to pee constantly. This was on a Saturday. Went away in a few hours. Sat night/sun/monday had sex with no problems. Monday at 3am woke up and had to pee several times. Tuesday thought I had a uti. Tested negative. Feeling like i have had to pee for over one week now. No pain just urge to pee. Gyno said it could be because of my pelvic floor spasms. 

Did a bladder diary for two days for urogyno. Sent to urogyno and regular gyno. Both said diary looked normal. That I drink way too much fluids and they could affect my cultures. That I need to cut back on a glass a day until Im under 50oz of fluids and then give another urine sample before moving on. That my bladder could just be taking time to heal from the UTI in feb. and that my over drinking could be taxing my kidneys. This relaxed me a bit and for the two days following convo with Dr. my symptoms went away. Then they came back. (only huge diff was I had a frappacino) 

and I have major anxiety and I'm afraid of bladder cancer (occasional black specks in urine) and ic. equally. I'm wondering if it's all in my head. I don't really know what to do. I took a vicodin last night and the urge to pee went away/ Came back this am tho. 

Does this sound like IC? Bladder cancer? Pelvic floor caused? Something else? Please help me I'm desperate.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been suffering for two years with water infections and at long last having the camera in my bladder on Monday to see if they can find the cause of the problem. I am hoping they do find something rather than nothing, as that will at least explain why I am suffering so badly all the time. Its very stressful, painful and depressing and I suffer pain on a daily basis from other problems.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about bladder cancer but when you pass a motion and after wiping with toilet paper wipe yourself with at least 3 wet wipes until they are clean. This is what the urologist told me as its down to the design of women. The bowel and the uretha are so close together its easy for bacteria to enter the aretha from the bowel, where ecoli is found.  Also when you have a wee wipe from the front to the back always. But if your worried keep pestering your GP and ask for a referral as its awful to keep suffering all the time. Sex does also  cause it so I've seen it on here somewhere that you must wash afterwards and drink water so you have a wee, as it stagnates overnight and could cause some of these problems.

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest but you can also try taking D Mannosa which is said to be very good and can be found in health food shops.  I can't take it myself so I can't confirm this but anything is worth a try.

Gill 

• Posted

It is worth it to look at the official website of the Cystitit and Overactive Bladder foundation where there is huge amounts of information on interstitial cystitis.
    • Posted

Thank you I will certainly take a look.
  • Posted

Hi , I sympathise  having suffered too. Have you been tested for BV & had extended cultures.It was suggested to me by expert consultant that I had installation[ coating of bladder] found  on IC website .
    • Posted

Hi Julie can you give us a bit more information on BV please and which website you found it on.

Gill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.