Please help: Is this trigeminal neuralgia?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am not sure if this is TN but also not sure what else it could be. It started with pain deep in my ear. This spread to my nose/cheek area, under my eye, around my eyebrow and around my lower jaw. Its an intense deep sort of aching/throbbing pain but no electric jabs so far. The location sounds consistent with TN but since there are no electrical sensations and since its fairly constant Im not sure that fits TN. I have no cold, no sinusitis or other symptoms and it came on fairly suddenly I had soemthing similar a while back which ended up with immense toothache too and  though they couldnt actually find anything wrong with my tooth the pain subsided after tooth treatment so i assumed that was the cause. Now i have the whole thing again but no tooth pain. At the point right of my nose, sort o fbelow my eye its a sort of stabbing pain radiating outwardly and I have such terrible ear pain (deep inside). If this isnt TN, do any of you have any thoughts what this could be considering i have no signs of having a cold at all. Thanks so much for your thoughts :-)

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.

Alhough this post is over a year ago I want to know if you could help or anyone else. Ive jusy been diafnosed with TN and my symtoms sound just like yours. The docs didnt think it was TN at first but i jad a general mri (without dye) and dodnt shoe anything. My neuroloist said he thinks its cluster headaches but 6 no ths on i find myself in An E (No let up from the pain in between this time) with the Docs at the hospital saying its TN. I have demanded my Go refer me to a pain clinic and im due for a review wirh my neurologist at the end of the month but i feel so hopeless. im on meds that are taking the edge off but this cannot be a long term measure for me. Can i ask what did you end up doing as a relief measure and did it work? And what are yu elegible for if the MRI shows nothing but tou still have pain?! Im concerned that the docs may limit my options if they see nothing on mris?! I cannot live this way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.