Please help, Itching for over 11 years

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi guys I have just been to the doctor and he has said I have pruritus Ani what are people's best remedy for this, doctor has given me creams to help so hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What the dr has given hasn't worked sad will try the fish oil supplements and see how I get on
    • Posted

I use Bayer Pro ♥️ Two soft gels a day- contain Ultra Omega 3 - EPA- DHA. - and vitamin D. Best of luck to you - please let me know if they help.
  • Posted

Iam in the same boat and seen 3 doctors for th past 5 years of this and iam going crazy...

It dosnt help its this plus fissures on and off

Was soooo random the ointments ive a have done nothing but mke mine worse and mext is referral to hospital skin something lol

Noticed theres heaps of random things doctors try so something to do with steriod injections.

I don know but im ready to try almost anything

• Posted

I just completed a visit to a third dermotologist in an effort to find the root cause of my itching. I completed what is called a skin patch test- not to be confused with the standard testing done by an allergy Doctor. Since my itching stopped with fish oil supplements, I was convinced something I was eating was the cause. It turns out my patch test shows a nickel allergy. Nickel is found in many foods so according to my dermatologist, what goes in must come out, and apparently my skin around my bottom, didn't like the nickel. That I believe is the cause. The fish oil must somehow protect my skin around my rectum, as now I do not itch. I had an idea it was from my diet somehow, as some days it was so much worse than others. My advice to anyone is to see a dermotolgist, get a biopsie. That is where I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis. Had that doctor who found the dermatitis ordered a patch test, I would have saved my self a year of grief. She however did not, she prescribed cream. I then saw two more different dermologists. It was hard to see all these different doctors because

this is such an embarrassing issue.The second one sent me to the third one who did the patch test. It proved to me that not all doctors are interested in finding causes, just prescribing creams to mask the root cause. I found an amazing Doctor and I now feel I know exactly what caused my problem once and for all! So don't settle, keep pushing till you find out what the culprit is. There is an answer,

• Posted

I just read your thread and it answers some questions I have. I recently gained massive relief from PA by cutting out soy from my diet and it seems soy is one of the foods loaded with Nickel so I'm thinking this allergy may be the true cause of my affliction also. 

Cutting out soy hasn't been a 100% cure but it's been about 80% and now I can look at other Nickel containing foods.

Thanks for this info, it's the first thing I've read that really adds up for me and maybe is the common thing we have all been looking for. I encourage everyone one to look at their diet if they haven't already as it has to be the answer.

Thanks!!

• Posted

I am experiencing this terrible itch. I went to the doc he said it was pruritus ani. How much MG and pills do you take of the fish oil

• Posted

I had it like 15 years myself. I tried everything and I mean everything!! Pretty much gave up but tried one last thing - white vinegar two to three times a day - morning and before bed for 3 months. Still use it just to be sure but it's gone, miracle! It's some kind of bacteria that vinegar kills. Not apple cider, white or white wine vinegar applied. Try it, cured me and if your lucky will cure you. My whole life changed.

I can sleep without itching.

• Posted

Hi Cole,

How much of the white vinegar do you take? And do you drink it or apply it to the anus region?

How long did it take using the vinegar before you noticed the Prirutis Ani had gone?

• Posted

Strictly applied it to the anus region. It started soothing right away. I noticed it gone after a month but wasn't sure if it would come back so just kept using it.

Definitely gone after a couple months.

Just do as maintenance now but it really worked. Simple, Cheap and it's gone. Worth a try.

• Posted

Thanks for this, I'll start applying it this way.

Hopefully it will work!

• Posted

I had this problem for about 6 years 😯 i tryed so much untill my doctor fi ally gave me 1 last thing to try before requesting this injection... i was given 300g hydrocortisone creame 1% (hyd) in a white round rub not the one in the oil tube and also a pill called Allersoothe....

After every shower in the morning i would put a thin wipe of creame on and then do the same at night after a shower.. if you put to much on it would be uncomfretbull. I took 1 pill at around 7pm so i was tired around 9pm... i found after the 6 years with this it was staying asleep to not scratch that drove me crazy.. i would wake up at the same times every night to scratch.. the pill helped me stay asleep sin the end it worked after 2 weeks now i dont use it ... please try it because after 6 years of this pain iam cured all that way from me in new zealand smile

Staying asleep at night to not scratch was the issue. Stop that cycle!!!

• Posted

Hey there.  You could look at taking an allergy tablet like Telfast twice a day - I've found this really helpful, together with a cream called Advantan (methylprednisolone Aceponate) - used quite sparingly.  I also wash gently with QT gentle/sensitive body wash - using only a little, and drying very thoroughly before getting dressed again.  Also I use a small ice block (like you use for kids' lunchboxes) inside a small sock and place this between my cheeks to help reduce the itch at night when it's really bad - it helps you to NOT scratch.  Do NOT SCRATCH!  No matter how MUCH you want to - as once you do that first scratch it gets sooo much worse and impossible to resist.  As soon as it's itchy I do all those things and it has realllly helped.  

AND figuring out what the rash is from - for me it is an allergic reaction to a CAT living downstairs (hopefully the owner will soon be leaving! Pleeeeeeease!!), which then makes me hypersensitive to other things, so Goat's cheese for me is now causing a reaction.  So it can really help to figure out just what you're reacting to.  When my son was a baby, he'd get something similar in reaction to strawberries, also tomatoes.  So pay attention to when it's worse and what you've been eating.  Try cutting out  any possible culprits for 2 weeks and then re-introduce one by one.  It can be a bit tedious figuring out what it is - but well worth it!  When I'm away from the cat for a few days, I'm fine again.  I also have eczema on my neck and eyes now as well - which I've never had ever before in my life.  

That cream is AMAZING!!  as is the ice and washing/drying - was an absolute Godsend to learn those remedies.  

Good luck! :o) 

• Posted

coorrection - figure out what the 'itching' is from, rather than the 'rash'.  I had the itching for 18 months before the rashes developed on my neck and eyes, and those things I mentioned, really helped phenomenally.

PS the downstairs person was told by the Landlord that she was not allowed to get a cat due to me being very allergic - and she went ahead and did it anyway!!  Grrrrr....  she has no idea how MUCH and how awfully this has impacted my health and energy!!  Pffflllt to mean people who don't care about anyone but themselves!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.