please help me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 16 Year old girl and I have been suffering with severe nausea for 2 years. I get it at night and when I wake up and even during the day. Previously been to the doctors and they told me to take gaviscon to help and it worked at first but doesn't seem to be anymore. I am going through a lot of stress at them moment including college work and my grandma is dying of cancer only 3 years after loosing my grandad (other side of the family) to cancer. I think this is having a large affect on me because I seem to get panic attacks more when either someone else or I are talking about my grandma and I have a feeling it may be linked to depression but I am not certain. This nausea comes on after and before eating and I have lost a lot of weight due to not eating because of the nausea. If anyone has been through this or has a solution to how I'm feeling please share it with me because I can't keep living like this??? Thank you r

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing, sounds like your nausea is associated with stress and life style, i hope you get the help you need, When our loved ones pass to the other side it can be heart breaking too, you need love and support as you go through this. I hope you can have the help you need and feel better in the future. May God bless you xxxxx
  • Posted

hi nmbsmith . im not a doctor , ill try ginger , and some teas first , like chamomille , for my anxiety i used Bach Original Flower Remedies Rescue Remedy but the most important thing is talk to ur mother and family , pray to god ,i was really bad after some antibiotics , 8 months later still  feel pain in my body , and some anxiety but getting better . i have faith in good , and u will be fine 
  • Posted

Hello,

I do sympathise with your concerns . I have unrelenting nausea. But if you have no other diagnosis you could try ginger tablets or I find even more effective is making my own fresh grated or sliced ginger tea. If takes  2 or 3 cups a day for 2 or 3 days before I notice a difference. It may help to eat more small meals instead of a main meal. Chammomile is good too. You could also try digestive enzymes.

Stress can affect the digestive system which can also be linked to depression. Though before taking any prescription meds you might want to try something like Hypericum, a herbal remedy for mild depression. I would like to suggest that activities such as walking or yoga can help you find some balance. Don't forget you can always try talking to a councillor at college it might help if they know you need support.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi sweetie, is it after certain food? Nausea is definitely related to stress but it could also be something that doesn't agree with you like milk or wheat.  Try stopping one at a time for a week and see if it helps; but speak to your Dr again too. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.