please help me :)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Would love to here some of your advice, i was given orlistat yesterday by my doctor and he did not tell me anything regarding it.

Please can some of you give me some food ideas of what i can and cant eat as i seriously do not know where to start and i dont want to start taking these until i know. They also gave me Metformin to take also so hope i dont get the side affect which just my luck i will.

Just to let you know i am a carer and am on the go 14 hours a day in and out of a car and clients home so its quite difficult to cook everyday ect.

PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I also had no advice from doctor but I read through all the posts on this forum and it helped me decide what to eat. I have stuck to the 30g of fat per day and when sticking to it , have had no side effects. I lost 3kg first month and nothing the next. If I don't lose anything this month, I fear the doc will take me off tablets and I will be back to square one! Also, I have joined my fitness pal (an online app) which is helping me keep track of everything I eat. Good luck. X
  • Posted

Thanks Rockey.

Well i hope it works. I am starting to get sooooo down, when i look back and think of myself before i had my son i was really happy with my body, i know i will never get like that again but just to be able to feel confident with myself would be amazing. My relationship is really struggling these past few months because i cant bare him to touch me in any kind of way and i feel soo horrible but i dont know what else i can do. Fingers crossed this helps for everyone, We all need to stick together xx

• Posted

My previous doctor said that there was a link Between these diet pills and gallbladder disease, so please be careful!
  • Posted

The above poster mentioned a link to gall bladder disease. I don't know about this but I know that the medical issues I'll face if I don't loose the weight far out number those that I'll face if I do!

It takes time, I was scared about starting the tablets too, but after just over a week on them & one 'mishap' I'm determined. My big advise...read labels for fat content! Good luck!

• Posted

i really need to get out of the habit of going on the scales every bloody day!! ive been really good so far but im always hungry.

Also have been getting a few stomach cramps the past couple of days but no BM.

Back at work 2moz after having over a week off so this will be an experience as i used to go to the garage to get a sarnie or go to the pub for a meal ect ect, so need to get in the routine of making something to take to work. Slimming world thursday for me so fingers croosed.

WE CAN ALL DO THINS

xxx

• Posted

I know how you feel natalee, I find it really hard to eat out. Have something low fat for breakfast before you go to work.... Something that will fill you up. I usually have oats so simple. And make your own sandwiches and fill up with lots of fruit. If you are hungry, drink more water, I tend to find that takes the hunger away. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.