Please help me 😢

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm 23 and around 4 weeks ago I began having severe anxiety and panic attacks - from built up stress I think (was also meant to start a new job 3 weeks ago but I've only been in a few days, and I'm not sure it's for me) my doctor told me to have a few weeks off yesterday too.

I started on 10mg citalopram 3 days ago & have been prescribed lorazepam too (I find these just make me tired, but don't take my anxiety away so not very helpful!)

Basically I feel AWFUL... To the point I just want to give up and die.

I am SEVERLY anxious 24/7, haven't been able to leave my house since I've started on these (and barely left my house before anyway due to anxiety) I am being sick throughout the day, no appetite (even the thought of food makes me physically sick) I've managed a few grapes and half a bowl of soup in 3 days, another thing to worry about!!

I've only read bad stories how this doesn't get rid of anxiousness. And as mine is so severe I'm feeling negative about things.

I just want my life back ๐Ÿ˜ข

I've panicked so much I've been ringing every possible helpline every hour - no panic/ Samaritans/ 111/ mental health crisis team. I felt like I need someone to come round and help me but they've done nothing.

I feel so lonely and scared ๐Ÿ˜ข I live with my boyfriend who is supportive but I feel guilty he has to put up with this.

Please help ๐Ÿ˜ข

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, I know at the minute things seem so bad but IT WILL get better. The meds have a lot of nasty side effects and your body is getting used to them. I wish I could promise you a quick fix but they do work and you will get your life back. Have you tried distracting yourself when you are eating, porridge or something bland is good to start off with. Yoga and acupuncture help. Set yourself a small challenge each day, even getting up and showered is a step in the right direction. Keep repeating, this is temporary, I will get better xoxo
    • Posted

Hello smile

Thank you so much you are all really helping me.

A day feels like a life time at the moment! I've tried meditation & watching tv but find that I think more when the tv is on which is strange!

I've managed a cup of tea & haven't been sick today... Yet haha so things feel slightly better today.

It's just so so hard to get the help I feel I need!

I am going to try yoga as well smile

Thank you xxxx

• Posted

Me again! The meds will work they just take a good three weeks for the worst side effects to wear off which sounds the longest time right now but you will be able to do it. I think you need to address the job thing, do you think it was taking that that pushed you over the edge? I think if you make a firm plan regarding the job then your anxiety will reduce slightly. I was the same as you at the beginning, seeing anyone, going anywhere was all too much xxx stick with it, DO NOT feel guilty, if you broke your leg it'd take weeks, you've broken the inside of your head which is worse but because no one can see it it's harder to understand xxx much love xxx stay on here, it's a life saver ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    • Posted

Arghhh yeah 3 weeks sounds about a year for me right now haha! I so wish there was an instant fix!

I'm not really sure if it was the job or not, my family and boyfriend think it's definitely the job, however I think I'd be the same if it was another job too. I think it's all the stress just built up as I graduated uni in September & have moved out with my partner & have been so stressed about work etc.

This job is only work experience to begin with then paid work but very very little money - but it's a job that's to do with my degree. So it's a hard one. I'm meant to be in tomorrow & I just really don't know what to say to her as the doctor told me to have two weeks off work.

Thank you so much for your help, I'm definitely staying on here & hopefully in a few months I will be able to help others smile

Xxxxxx

• Posted

Is it a job you want to do or a job that you think you should do? Two weeks off is a good idea, just say your doctor says you're unable to work. If it's too hard then scrap it and do something easier for a few months to get your health back xxx you've got the rest of your life to do hard stuff!! xxx
    • Posted

I'm not sure, I think because it's related to the uni course I did, I feel as if I have to go for it, but the job is just work experience at the moment, very unorganised & when I eventually do get paid it's very low money. Argh I don't know what to do with my life sad and now I'm anxious again after a day of being ok sad I'm worried about telling her that I don't want the job & im worried about having the time off Incase I over think things again being on my own at home sad xxxxxx
  • Posted

Hello Rebecca. These types of antidepressants need to be tapered to a dose which will help you. The medication can take 2to 4 weeks to see how effective this medication is for you. I have been battling major depression and anxiety for about 30 years now. My first treatment was seeing a psychotherapist. I was started on a SSRI ย medication and changed SSRI medication till I found an effective med and dose. I was started on klonopin for anxiety and panic attacks. Don't give up, find a therapist combined with medication. Also it helps to have a support who will support you through this. I have been suicidal my whole life. I think a lot about it, however I think about the words of a former President said. He said, you will never know what it is like to be on the highest mountain until you have been in the lowest valley. ย This low time in your life will make the good times to come a lot better and you will enjoy life more. Keep communicating your feelings to people who can help, you are not alone in this. I have been recently diagnosed with ALS and realize every day I wake is the first day of the rest of my life. Take one day at a time and commit to a better life. I hope this helps and will pray for you
    • Posted

Hi Joe

Thanks for your help. Think I'm worrying too much about how I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life sad.

30 years?! You are very brave smile I'm not sure how to get a therapist. I'm on a long waiting list for CBT & I couldn't afford paying for one sad I've been ringing every single number this past week trying to get help somehow. The mental health service is shocking in the UK sad

I love that quote, thank you smile

Xxx

• Posted

Hi Rebecca. I had the same feeling as you 2 months ago. Every morning i would say "who wants to live another day?" Life was sooooo pointless for me. I wanted to talk to anyone for reassurance. It was like i was in a really dark and deep well where i couldnt come out of it. After one month on 20 m and passing through nasty side effects i started feeling tiny bit of difference. After 2 months doc upped me on 30m(10 days now) it looks i have some side effects back but i am going to wait for 4 mire weeks. It took the edge off me anyway.

I was on cita....for 6 yrs worked perfectly for me but went cold turkey, which i regret soooooo much, abd this is my 2nd time now.

You will definitely get better just be patient and distract yourself. I play candycrush to distract myself. Goodluck.

• Posted

Hello smile

Urgh yeah i feel like that! I have rang everyone just for a bit of reasurrance! My doctor has rang me this morning (as i was calling the out of hour doctor all weekend feeling terrible) and she wants me to go in at 11.15 because she said 'We're not making any progress'. But ive only been taking the citalopram for 5 days so surely its too early to know anything? Im worried she'll put me on something else or up my dose and i'll feel worse. Im only on 10mg at the moment.ย 

Right now i cant see myself getting better :'(

Thank you for all your advice x

• Posted

Hello Rebecca, I can relate to your situation. My mother had committed suicide, she was very depressed, I didn't recogognize her symptoms. I feel like I should have been there as a child to help her. I now know how she felt before she committed suicide. Nobody knows what it is like to be in this low valley, I hope to see the highest mountain soon. I grew up poor and was the town trash in the neighborhood with my father being the town drunk. I lived with anybody who would keep me. I worked to make money as soon as I could. I Worked full time while I was in high school and college. ย I realized at a young age that I suffered from major depression. I Tried to help people who suffered from depression. I have a degree in pharmacology and thought I could make a difference.. I hope I did. I have traveled very few places. It is cool to be talking to someone from another country. This is as close I will ever to be out of my state or out of the country. As they tell me in my ALS support group, keep up the good fight and never give up hope. Do you have any pets, my dogs are always willing to listen to me, they are my best therapy.
  • Posted

Hi darling. I had this situation 5 times and each time its the same thoughts..like its gonna last forever ...i was afraid of the future , but then you learn to help yourself and its even possible that u can feel better before medicine will start working...u can find something u really like to do and it will give some energy to u...and hopefuly we have medicine that can help us if we are totally put of energy.

If you want to talk, I can give u my telephone nomber , feel free to contact me. But I am sure you CAN do it and everything will be just perfect and soon you will enjoy ypur life...very very soooon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.