please help me!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

It started as little pricking pain and lots of burning kind pain in my anus daily with my bowel movements. No blood. After 5 days the pain is almost always there constantly. Sever pain during and after bowel movements. Then lots and lots of pressure in rectum started which it difficult to sit walk even sleeping because all that area very sore and high pressure. I had pain near my vagina and one of the buttocks too. I went to GI she checked me and said that it is anal fissure and gave me ointment to use it for 4 times a day. I have crampy abdominal pain too.

my questions are...

Can anal fissure cause abdominal pain?

Can it be a fissure without blood?

Can fissure cause pain in buttocks?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Crafty44375,

So sorry to hear about you condition. Its the worst pain when you have an anal fissure, and noone seems to understand that.

I had a chronic fissure and am well aware of the constant, unimaginable pain. 

To answer your questions, I do not know if a fissure could cause abdominal pain. Maybe it is stress, maybe it is something totally unrelated, but I am not for sure the answer to that question.

I am almost certain that an anal fissure can happen without blood. Maybe it is a small tear and the tear is not big enough for blood to flow through. Its like getting a scrape on your arm, you don't always bleed, but it still hurts. Not 100 % for sure though, but just using general logic.

Fissure will definately cause pain in your buttocks. You z have probably felt a pumping feeling back there after going to the bathroom (which is caused form the internal sphincter muscle throbbing and spasming), and a high intense pain (which is caused from the mix of the fissure itself and the throbbing of the sphincter muscle). You may also experience pain from laying down and your butt muscles getting sore. If your butt muscles are sore, I would recommend lightly stretching them in a way that does not affect your fissure. 

• Posted

Right now, the cream he probably prescribed is diltazem. Usually give that 4 weeks and see if you see any improvement. The cream is used to relax the internal sphincter muscle. If you can relax the sphincter muscle enough for the fissure to heal, than you are good.

If the cream does not work, then the other options are surgery and botox. Both are used to relax the internal sphincter muscle to allow the fissure to heal. I do not have any experience with the botox, but if you are interested, I can post the story of my surgery experience.

Lastly, here are some tips that should help you along the way:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Good Luck and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Best,

Myles 

• Posted

Also, forgot to mention that as far as the surgery, being that you are a female, the doctor might sway you one way or another to have it depending on your age.
    • Posted

Hey mmarcus151910, thanks alot for your tips. It's been only 5 days now using that cream. Besides i will try all your tips. She asked me to come back after 2 weeks to see how it going. Hopefully i get better by then! I am not able to pass the stools or gas which in turn gives lot of pressure and pain sad is this again another side effect of fissure?

• Posted

You have to imagine that you basically  have a cut on one of the most sensitive areas of the body. On top of that, by farting, you are probably stretching the skin down there, by pooping, you are getting feces on the cut. 

Overtime it will get better, make sure to wash you butt after pooping.

ANother thing is do not rub toilet paper on your butt. It will make the problem worse. 

Instead, what I do, is take toilet paper, put some water on it, an than dab my butt. If you rub, you are creating friction there which only does more damage.

Hope that helps

• Posted

No problem. Post back as the days go on. All of us on here have gone through this and want to help as much as we can!!!
    • Posted

Hello

?What are you doing to keep yourself regular?  I am sorry you are in so much pain.  My pain has gone from a 10 to a 2 now and I can go days with no blood and then all of a sudden I see some. I feel sad and disappointed.  I do not want surgery so I just keep waiting it out thinking it will heal.  I've never experienced one that lasted this long.  Feel better soon! 

• Posted

Elizabeth you probably told me already but since you haven't had surgery , how many years have you had this already ?the fissure issue that is .

• Posted

Hello

?I got my first one in 1987 during my pregnancy.  It healed up and then in the mid 90's I got another one.  That one healed up.  No real issues until around 2012 and  that one healed up.  Then back in late March this horrible glass shattering pain started.  I thought  I had a hemoroid issue so I went to my colon doctor and he said I had a fissure.  So I've been dealing with this one since then trying to heal it.  I don't really have the bad pain anymore just experiencing blood every few days or so.  I am so FRUSTRATED

• Posted

March of this year it got worst ? Again sorry to hear that you have been dealing with for some time already . Off and on ! Don't know who commented on that ointment gel that was prescribed diltiazem, I know it's to relax the muscle in the anus ? And it's not actually a cure for fissure . I read that there was a percentage of people that actually healed with this . And so far I'm feeling some relief . Plus being consisted with the fiber intake , it's a lot of discipline! You should see the long email my doc sent , in following a fiber regiment ! I have found that pears contain good amount of fiber plus broccoli. Then I'm taking Metamucil at night . Well I'm trying too but forget because I'm so tired from work . Butt (get it!) ?? I'm praying that my life can be good with good care and positive thinking .

• Posted

Hello

?I take the Metamucil during the day and drink lots of water after.  Do you find any issues taking at night?  I too eat lots of Brocoli and I eat no meat at all just fish.  Lot's of apples and fresh fruit too.  Can't wait to test my cholesterol.  LOL  Thanks for responding and caring.  I appreciate it

• Posted

I don't think it matters when you take it. But I would take it with food and drink the lots of water around that same time too. That way the metamucil is mixing with your food and the water to get blissful soft but formed stools. 

• Posted

Hello Marcus,

This is more of your own experience , and what your opinion is . I've been emailing my doc with some concerns inquiries about my health issue. If you are familiar with the gel diltiazem which was given to me . The pharmacy gave me the impression that it was ok to apply internally for the fissure . My doc who I'm getting the strong impression that she's sick of me ,she said that who are you going to listen ? Your colorectal surgeon, or pharmacist! Stressing that the gel is not to cure a fissure , but to help with the muscle in the anal .and apply the gel externally . Today was painful ! Which got me depress because I was feeling a little better then I had a good stool , but after was hurting . I guess you'll have your days I suppose .?? She insisted that the fiber will help not the gel . Point is I hope I don't end up having surgery .

• Posted

The medication the doc gave you is for external use only. And it will relax the muscle allowing the fissure to heal. Trust your colorectal Doctor. The fiber should also help a lot

Yes it can be very up and down I too got and get discouraged by that.

• Posted

Thank you Jennifer . I'm hurting right now . Let me ask you , she gave me a strict fiber diet . There's a lot of detail in following this , but she said I have to consume at least 40 drama of fiber daily . Do you know of what can I take ? Then she said the second week start with this much ... ??? Help

• Posted

I meant grams , typo Tex !
    • Posted

So sorry to hear about what you are going through Eric. The ups and downs of feeling better and then the  next thing everything going down the hill are the worst. The diltazem is for external use, not internal use. Use the amount that they gave you, and apply it however many times they tell you to. When you apply it, place externally around the ring of your anus. That way, the internal sphincter muscle, which is very close to that, can absorb it effectively.

• Posted

As far as a strict fiber regimen, it is good to have lots of fruits and vegetables, to a point though. If you are taking the metamucil with every meal, drinking lots of water, then you should be good. You want nice soft formed stools. What you DO NOT want is hard stools or liquidy stools. 

When I had my fissure, I ate tons of fiber one, and had a lot of watery stools. The watery stools hurt just as much as the hard stools as they are acidic. 

I would avoid dark red meats like steak, lamb, beef. You can eat chicken, you can eat eggs, you can eat rice, even white rice, but do it modestly and in moderation. Rice in my opinion is fine as long as you are doing some metamucil with it.

Best of luck my friend!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.