PLEASE HELP ME!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone I'm 15 boy with no bad family history. For 3 weeks I've been getting mucus itching bits of blood on stool itching mainly at night. I have no blood now but I've had this white pus mucus it was pale white and that's it. And it scared me the stool was fine it was just one medium lump kinda thing on it's own. Last night I did have the same but watery and it was a little yellow.

I've been to the doctors and have had a blood test and that came back normal and everything was clear. Which is good 😊

But now this is happening I feel like it's IBS or even IBD. The only symptoms I get now is just mucus and constipation and that's it. No pain or anything.

So what I'm asking is if someone could please help me and if anyone has this or know what it is. Thanks. I have taken a picture of the mucus to show a doctor. Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I just wanted to see how you are doing --  and didn't want you to feel all alone.  I had an anal fissure when I was 17 which caused some of those symptoms but a consultant discovered it fairly easily; unfortunately the treatment at that time was more complicated than today.

Being a mum and pretty old, and having been through lots of surgeries and procedures for problems in that area I wanted to give you some support.

The first thing I was thinking -- and this will sound strange -- but has anyone mentioned threadworms -- your symptoms sound very similar -- and if anyone in the family has them they can pass them on to everyone else in the family; because of that, everyone in the family needs to get treated --  my kids would occasionally get them and we would all dose up with Ovex which is just 2 tablets -- one taken on day one and the other taken a couple of weeks after (the instructions are pretty good).

If you find that your problems are more serious you will need to have some procedures done before the doctors can make a diagnosis --  either a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy.  It is really important to have the procedure done before a gp makes a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- as IBS is diagnosed possibly too often without proper testing first (although saying that, IBS is very common condition which I also have).

If you need one of the tests don't worry too much about them -- doctors are very professional and usually can put you at ease.  The colonoscopy has an added benefit that the meds they give you when having the procedure are very relaxing.

I wish you well and please keep us posted.

• Posted

Thankyou Karen I know one of the symptoms for a much serious problem is pain ( constant pain ) for hours and days and which I have not had pain with this at all which is a good thing. My blood test also didn’t show anything serious so that puts my mind at ease sometimes as you know I’m only 15 which is still young thankyou for your reply and hopefully I can go back to the doctors. Could you please tell me what symptoms sound like threadworms because that’s what I thought I had at the start of this. Thankyou! 
    • Posted

Hi Nay, sorry for not replying earlier -- I just noticed your response.  I saw your other note that you don't have threadworms -- so that can be ruled out -- but always good idea to check.

I'll tell you my story -- when I was 17 I had similar symptoms --  in my case I always had some blood when I went to the loo.  It was painful but not too bad.  I finally went to a colorectal consultant and he diagnosed enlarged pockets (crypts -- see definition below)  in the rectum which probably got a little infected and which in turn caused a little sore which would open up when I went to the loo.    That in turn caused hemorrhoids.  So in my case, in the 70s, they removed the crypts, and the fissure (the sore), and also cut into my inner sphincter muscle to keep  the fissure from returning (not sure why as they wouldn't do that commonly now) and all was pretty much ok except for IBS until I was in my 50s -- so that's good.

Anyway -- see the definition of Crypts below -- it is interesting.  Keep me posted, Kind regards, Karen

So crypts are  ... http://www.proctocure.com/papillitis_cryptitis.php , Dr Mukul Patel,

Anal crypts are tiny recesses of epithelium at the upper end of the anal canal at the mucocutaneous junction. They are tiny mucus glands of lubrication arranged in a circle around the upper end of the anal canal. Located between normal structures called anal papillae, crypts are usually small, but visible enough to help give the pectinate line a serrated appearance on anoscopy.

Crypts are normal structures causing no symptoms unless they become inflamed. They are small areas of skin situated between the anal papillae. They are approximately 3 mm in depth and are lined with a single layer of epithelium, which is a continuation of the skin of the anus. Just before a bowel movement, the sphincter muscles contract and squeeze out a little drop of lubricating mucus from each of these crypts, aiding in the normal slippery passage of stool.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.