Posted , 5 users are following.
I am desperate. I am scared. I have lost all hope.
I just had my 22nd birthday, but somehow I feel as if I will not make it to my 23rd. I have been suffering from a mysterious debilitating sickness for a year and a half. I have seen numerous specialists and doctors in hopes of getting this resolved, however, I get no answers.
On December 4th, 2016, I awoke believing I was having a heart attack. It was hard to breath, my heart rate had spiked, I was nauseated and dizzy. I went to the ER and they told me that it was anxiety. For the next several months, I moved home from college and rested my body there. However, my symptoms continued to escalate.
Here is a comprehensive list:
1. Irregualr heart rate (sometimes fast and sometimes very slow)
2. Not too often, but muscle pain
3. I got sick a lot this past winter
5. GI issues like abdominal fullness, diarrhea, and burning
6. Mostly pain on the left side of my body like down my arm and leg (also below my left eye down my cheek bone I get an odd sensation, almost like numbness)
8. EXTREME fatigue and body heaviness
10. Anxiety/constant sadness
11. Menstruation issues ( irregular, used to be heavy but this past one was very light)
12. Headaches and head pressure
13. Feeling of blood not circulating
14. Mysterious bruises
15. Random paper cuts
16. No ambition
17. I did have weight loss this past winter, however, not noticing any now
Since December of 2016, I have been to the Er 5-6 times, I have seen my OBGYN twice, I have seen a neurologist, a cardiologist, tried Chinese medicine, seen my GP numerous times, gone to a gastro specialist, and tried counseling.
Every doctor claims that this is anxiety. However, I cannot believe that. I j=have had so many blood tests done (cannot even exactly tell you each one I have had done because I have had so many), an MRI/CT of my head, a 30 day heart monitor, and echo of my heart, a colonoscopy/endoscopy, a spinal tap, etc... and nothing has been found.
I have noticed that my symptoms do get worse on my period. And I have noticed that my symptoms stay for a period of time and then will disappear and then come back, Recently my symptoms have stayed consistent since this past Memorial Day.
I was thinking about getting my hormones tested because I am not sure if they have been in the past, despite all the blood work I had done. So today I was researching hormone imbalance symptoms and Addison's disease came up and frankly, I am terrified. I have read a lot of stories about girls my age who have been misdiagnosed by doctors saying they have anxiety for years and then all of the sudden they go into adrenal crisis and die. I have no where to turn to anymore because no one believes me anymore. Recently, I have had the most chronic fatigue and dizziness and I can hardly do anything. Work was my safe haven and now it is a constant struggle to even get up and go.
Is this similar to anyone else??
0 likes, 15 replies