Please help me 22 and scared

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey all I am 22 years old and have been suffering from extreme anxiety and fear that something is wrong with my heart. I have been to Er 6 times have had 6 ekg 6 blood test 2 chest X-rays stomach ct scan ultra sound on liver and gallbladder and nothing wrong has been found. I think I was dumb and looked up my symptoms and freaked me out thinking was something wrong with my heart. All the doctors say is chest wall pain and anxiety . My symptoms are 

Chest pain that’s sharp and goes away heart burn usually after I eat food.

Jaw pain comes and goes upper back pain like I’m exhausted finger tips burn stomach pain and upper abdomen pain some times my left side of back and aide were real tight feeling and hurt to move and my chest started to hurt with it. My blood pressure is always good usually 130ish and over 80 I’m just scared can y’all please tell me it’s just anxiety I am freaked out right now and young and dumb and do not understand this stuff please help. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

OK so first thing I do is a make a cocktail of Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid Antacid, with Anbesol Maximum Strength Instant Pain Relief - 0.41 fl oz? poured in and mixed well. Shake and drink an ounce every tiem you have attack. That will numb any issues with gastro. I take omeprazole? 20 morning and night. If GI that should slow it down. So where in neck is pain and which side. Where in back is pain and does it radiate? Does it get worse if yiu drink milk even better half and half  or fatty foods? If so gall bladder can be bad and not show on tests. Men was and surgeon said was worst she ever saw when she removed it. SO if fatty foods kick it make them recheck gallbladder. You said when you move you have pain explain how you move and where. if you press around do you have pain . If you put your finger up under rib cage on right side while laying down and press do you have pain? That would be gall bladder. NOw I also have had pancreatitis and it hurts bad . Press in middle of chest up under rib cage does that hurt if so have them check pancreases, Then there is esophageal spasm that can cause chest pain they need to do a manometry test  to ru;e that out. Now I also have Coronary Artery Spasm now that is sharp pain to left of sternum and radiates often to left neck and arm. Contrary to some physicians believes COroanry Spasm often do not show on ECG I have had it reproduced at Mayo three times no ECG change but blood flow deviation and angina. I have had MI as well with out a great ECG change, It does sound like muscle pain with the left back but with artery spasm it can also cause muscle cramps because no just the coronary artery spasm mien spams in muscles, renal, head and eyes. But try a message therapy person and see if it calms things down and soak in epison salt baths. If all those fail I would suggest seeing a cardio with Coroanry Spasm experienve. Out 'Coroanry Spasm support group on facebook many go to Mayo MN , Standford, Cedars-Sinai. 

• Posted

I'd be concentrating on trying to relax, there are some very good relaxation techniques available out there in the form of CD's and DVD's. 130(ish) /80 is a tad bit high for a 22 year old. Do you have any other health issues ? heart pain generally isn't sharp. Iv'e had 3 heart attacks and suffer prinzmetal angina and none has been sharp, however in saying your indigestion problem, that in itself can be a symptom for a heart attack, on two occasions I indigestion, it's happens more in women, the indigestion symptoms, I'm male.

• Posted

MY angina and MI felt like a sharp knife right through from the front to scapula. My cousin who dies in august his MI' and angina also felt like that

• Posted

Not saying that's what you aren't experiencing, but heart pain is generally not sharp, sharp chest pain is usually pulled/strained muscles, indigestion and lung problems. Everyone experiences things differently and I have never experienced sharp angina pains or even my heart attacks weren't sharp, I'm the same as you, family members with angina or have had MI's were all explained as like an elephant sitting on their chests, a couple have said they could feel squeezing.

• Posted

Yes with many of us on the FACEBOOK support page it is sharp pain. Mine we have shown three times over in cath lab reproductions where they watch it spasm and I get the knife like pain. And of course I have had MI during a painful attack. Others do not feel sharp pain but many do. Cousins Gene & Jim both had severe pain as well. In all three cardiac recovery  classes some of the people had sharp pain others did not. 

• Posted

Did you ever have a echocardiogram? That when I finally found out something was wrong. My mitral valve was severely leaking, and needed replaced. All the other test kept saying my heart was fine. So possibly get a second opinion?
    • Posted

Interesting, I have had 2 heart echo's, first one was after my first heart attack, I was told everything was normal, I have recently just had another one and several things were found and my cardiologist wants to see me, can't be to bad as appointment is in 2 weeks. Emergency doctors have been trying to speed up my appointment since last November due to abnormal troponins with my angina attacks last 2 months, Trops weren't enough to categorically? say heart attack. Most of our cardiologists should be returning from their Christmas holidays today or the following Monday. Hence why emergency doctors and GP couldn't speed up my follow up with my cardiologist.

• Posted

Keep me updated please, they did the same to me acting like it was nothing, but my mitral valve was leaking, and its not consider to be an emergency kind of condition if you know what I mean. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Southport, 

Are you free from all the above symptoms you had? 

Also what was the diagnosis

• Posted

I have health anxiety pretty bad and all the symptoms you described I also have! I get breathlessness pretty often too...my heart rate is normal however and it goes straight back down to normal after exercising. I’ve had an ECG which came back normal as well as asthma test which again came back normal. They told me it was anxiety. I’ve had anxiety from a very young age and it’s only been since having my son 4 years ago that my anxiety has surrounded my heart! I also have IBS which doesn’t help. My symptoms are...stabbing (not really painful), burning In chest sometimes more in my left breast then the centre, shoulder pain, upper back ache, sometimes arm pain (not all the way down only towards my shoulder and elbow and I sometimes get tingling (not so much a pain) in my jaw. I also get shortness of breath...the feeling like your trying to get your breath over something if that makes sense. Angina runs strongly in my dads side of the family (my dad doesn’t have it) so I worry a lot about this! I also get palpitations. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.