Please help me

Posted , 10 users are following.

I never thought I'd be writing on a website for help but I have no idea what else to do. For the past year I have been going to the Doctors because of the pains I've been having in my stomach that I once thought were only there after eating, now I have a dull ache all the time. I have been told over and over again it's nothing more than IBS.

I completely understand that people with IBS are in a lot of pain but I don't feel like this is normal, the past 2 nights I have woken up at 2am with excruciating pain and then I pass out. I feel ill all the time and honestly, I feel like I'm dying.

I have tried different medications, herbal remedies, changing my diet, meditation, the lot. I should probably also mention I have PKD.

I really don't want to live like this anymore I just can't cope with the pain. Any help at all would be appreciated.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You did not mention exactly what area of abdomen is painful .. RUQ (Right upper quadrant) , flank pain ?  How is your diet ,,, anything unusual, alcohol, sugary, etc ?
    • Posted

Sorry, I was in agony last night wasn't thinking straight but I will update my answer to answer all of this. Thank you.

• Posted

I was in agony last night so I did forget to include some important details.

I have a general pain all over my 'tummy' area but the excruciating pain I was talking about always occurs in the lower left corner of my abdomen.

My diet is pretty varied. I have tried many diets that are supposed to help with IBS and stomach pain. Nothing works because no specific foods set my 'IBS' off anyway. It seems to be when I eat anything I get a sore stomach.

• Posted

Hi kimmy 19999

You should keep a food diary so you can be specific about what foods may be causing the pain.....see if a pattern emerges.....also ask your doc to refer you for an ultrasound and MRI scan to investigate your lower abdomen.....best wishes...

• Posted

When my IBS started, I had constant, generalised stomach pain that woke me at night. The pain moved about and I had four different types of pain: dull, stabbing, deep grinding and sore to touch.  I had constipation and loose stools.  Pain was inproved by a bowel movement.  I also had nausea and back pain.  All my tests showed nothing so I was diagnosed with IBS.  Now I only have come and go pain when stressed.

Do you have change of bowel habit?  Perhaps try a food diary to pinpoint any food problems.  What is PKD?

• Posted

Hi, look up diverticular.  I have IBS and Divi, the two usually go together according to my GP, although Divi usually happens when you are older. The pain from this in white people tends to be on lower left to middle side and can be extruciating, especially if you eat things with seeds, like tomatoes, strawberries and sweet corn.  Asian people tend to get it on right handside according to gastro I saw.  As I say I have both and spend most days with pain moving around from left to right, upper, middle and lower.  I get a lot of gurgling, not really gas and my stomach is painful to press.   
    • Posted

Hi, after months and months of pain, explosive diarrhea, constipation you name it I went to GP and insisted that this could not all be down to IBS, I was diagnosed with IBS at 15 and am now 57 (female).  GP said ok as I was over 50 it could be diverticular and sent me off for a colonoscopy which is turned out to be, I could see the little indents in my colon.  Food gets stuck especially for me sweet corn, tomatoes and strawberries and any kind of small seeds on bread etc.  They then become infected and the pain is excrutiating.  Most people have them by 50, sometimes younger, but also told that a lot of people do not even know they have them, thery cause no pain.  If you have IBS and get them the chances are they will cause problems.  Take care
  • Posted

Hi mommy, I can tell you that i went through the same thing for a few weeks. O wasn't feeling quite right

I had pains in mid stomach area, taking probiotics. Thought it was an ulcer. But then it just went away. I was told it was a stretch of gastritis and it can take up to 6 weeks. Hope this helps and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.