Please Help Me

Posted , 3 users are following.

My child is 18 months he had his HEP vaccine Thursday went to his grandfathers Friday night and played out by a creek. He grabbed a weed that they had sprayed with round up and he got a bath. Then on sat morning we get a phone call he has broke out with hives. Been to ER they gave steroids on Sunday night. Went to Dr he gave cream. Benadryl is only thing that will make them go away. They have been coming during day but gone at night. Nothing has changed at home and they have been doing this for 7 days now any advice on why or what could cause this. He did have tick on him a month prior to this. Tick came off with in hours and no signs at spot of bite.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I cannot say as to what can be the cause. However long back, I had urticaria about 50 years back which bothered me for a year or even more. However I feel I got rid of it possibly due to Benadryl syrup. I had for gotten the name of this syrup and have been reminded as a result of your note. Initialy for some time, it gave temporary relief and then permanent relief.
    • Posted

So you had no idea what was causing it? And did they come and go everyday? My sons are the size of basketball sometimes and I'm worried bc he had a tick on him a month prior to this.

• Posted

Benadryl will make it keep coming. Just stop letting him take any antihistamine and let the vaccine run its course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.