Please help me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm on Week 4 and 6 days of my increase to 30mg of citalopram. Before that I was on 25mg but started taking it inconsistently and then I crashed and my anxiety came racing back. I  I had pretty good days last week, but I've been up and down since Friday. I'm really struggling here today at work. Typically my evenings are good but the morning/ afternoon are really like a roller coaster right now.  

The physical symptoms don't really affect me anymore, but mentally I truly feel like i'm going crazy at times.  I really don't know what to do right now I can't relax at all and it's awful . Sorry to be so negative here I just need someone to talk to. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If you've missed a few doses and restart taking them every day you should get your levels back up fairly quickly and be back where you were. I'm on day 42 and for the last 3 or 4 days I've been a bit calmer.

• Posted

It was over a few months I would miss a day or two at a time and take it inconsistently. It was a stupid mistake  I will never let happen again. Today will be my 35th pill. I can't remember if this up and down feeling is normal. Trying to be positive but I have felt tired and out of it over the last week. 

I don't feel as depressed as I was at the beginning, but I feel flat and as if I'm going to be stuck like this forever. It's almost as if I don't see a way out. 

• Posted

Give it at least 3months on a consistent dose.. remember when u up the dose for most is like starting again..
    • Posted

Yeah I agree, dose increases are definitely like starting again for me.
    • Posted

What signs should I be looking for to realize the meds are working? I just can't remember what I went through the last time this happend. 

• Posted

even if it's 5mgs? I also was taking it inconsistently. 

• Posted

Feeling normal is a good sign..but you can take this inconsistently .this are very powerful drugs ..they are not like a Tylenol.. patience is a good start..
    • Posted

do you mean the feeling normal in the evening? 
    • Posted

Started getting an inkling that cit was working last week, after 7 weeks. Large Ups and downs had stopped, but felt very flat and anxious for whole 2 weeks. It felt worse than ups and downs, as feeling was constantly flat with no highs. I did notice that downs started feeling more shallow, and I would go into and come out of them more easily. Did what you have done and posted on here. People on here related their experiences, and it helped a lot. Possibly try to think back over period, to remember how you felt at different times, and see if down feelings are different in anyway. It looks like for myself, the 2 weeks of feeling flat, were a positive sign cit was starting to work

• Posted

Am 7 weeks in on citralopram, 4 of those on higher 40mg dose. Just keep going on them. You can't afford to miss taking the daily amount prescribed. Really up and down during first 5 weeks. Last 2 weeks really flat and anxious. Saw gp today, he thinks I'm going to break through in next 4 weeks, ie they can take up to 12 weeks to work. First proper okay day today, in last 4 months. These last 2 weeks of feeling just flat, anxious and no highs, have feltworse, than ups and downs, as at least there were some highs.

• Posted

So you had a bunch of ups and downs?  Were you having evenings when you felt like yourself? 
    • Posted

Morning Mylo

I can tell by your posts that you are getting very anxious to know if you are going to get better. You will get better, you are very early in the recovery stages and all you can do at the moment is take your medication, eat well, and sleep. If your GP has prescibed you any benzos , take them so you dont struggle with the anxiety any more than you need to. your evenings are better which is a good sign that things are making progress. You will get there, it took people many months to recover, but they all recovered. 

• Posted

Early signs of improvement are feeling a bit better in the evening which is where I am at the moment and so are you. It is a very gradual process that is working in the background, last year I felt like nothing on earth on day 1 and back to normal at the end of week 12 with most of the improvements coming in the last 3 weeks. You may be lucky and get better more quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.