please help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 26 year old.I feel like my intelligence is decreasing as time goes on. Here are my problems:

-I feel like I can’t think. Often when I'm trying to think, my brain is just blank and I have trouble finding the right things to say.

-I find it difficult to comprehend when I'm reading and often have to reread over and over again.

-Sometimes when someone is explaining something to me it seems like it’s just going in through one ear and out the other, so I usually don't understand what they’re saying.

-Also when someone asks me a question on the spot, I struggle to articulate my words and can’t seem to think clearly.

Please help me find a solution to this. It’s affecting my social life and my performance in job

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m 24 years old. Everything you’ve explained I also suffer with, sometimes worse than other times. Have you been to seek advice off the doctor in your area? I was diagnosed Cyclothymia but it’s mild form. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe it’s worth seeing about mental health? How long has this gone on for, when did you start to notice this? Jay 
    • Posted

i am facing this problem from 2.5 years and now i want to suicide because i am taking medicine but no benefit is doing 

• Posted

Hi deepak55965

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Dear Deepa, I would take your symptoms seriously and see maybe a well recommended neurologist.

In the meantime there are some exercises that you can do to work on concentration: guided meditation (see youtube), yoga, puzzles, and coloring. 

But most of all I would seek medical advise. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Posted

Hi Deepak,

Usually when it's hard to think because the brain is lack of oxygen. Meditation can help you to focus, my suggestion by doing Mindfulness Meditation (Happiness mind) - must be guided to understand how.

Hope it help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.