Please help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took paxil for five days only 20 mg dose but i stopped it when i read about the side effects especially the sexuall dysfunction . 

I have toke it last year for 1 months with supervision and didn’t had any side effects neither sexually .

Now because of my acute depression i am suffering from erectile dysfunction ( not totally ) , loss of libido , no any genital numbness or pain .

Is it because of my depression or because of the five days of paxil although i toke it last year for one monty and nothing happened ..

Is this short dose of paxil mqy cause this sexuall disturbance even if I didn’t experience any when i was on it previously , or its just the depression and the anxiety causing this as serotonin needs weeks to start workin and producing side effects ..

Please help me and try to make it better for me and calm me down i have heared terrible stories about permanent paxil sexual side effects ..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Start adjustmens followed by your doctor. They usually have you taper slowly off and put you on something better.

Personally I was having problems and Doctor is currently helping me taper off of Paxil by using Klonopin throughout the day. It's working so far.

• Posted

Start adjustmens followed by your doctor. They usually have you taper slowly off and put you on something better.

Personally I was having problems and Doctor is currently helping me taper off of Paxil by using Klonopin throughout the day. It's working so far.

It is a temporary fast way to come off it since my pshyciotrist cannot see me until the middle of June 2018. He is having me go from 30mg to 15 mg and taking klonopin of 1mg three times a day.

• Posted

I just toke for five days and my sypmtoms of the depressions was corespondent to the same day i toke paxil . I know its not the drug and its my depression as paxil still didnt worked yet in my blood !
  • Posted

I just toke it for five days ! And then stopped it after reading the side effects about it .

Do five days matter ?

• Posted

It might and it might not. Everyone's body handles the withdrawal affects differently.

• Posted

I know taking a medication is something nobody wants to do I have taken Paxil 4 maybe 20 years and there's one thing I need to say when I stopped taking it for a year-and-a-half I felt like my life was falling apart granted there are side effects but with this medication I believe the side effects outweigh your life. This medication worked very well for me mentally physically. Think about what you're doing before you stop taking it how do you feel when you're on it how do you feel when your off it. It has helped me in a number of ways I'm just saying think about how you feel before you quit taking the medication.

• Posted

Also I'm taking 20 mg down from 40 sex is a lot better on 20 mg then 40. If you need help in bed there are sprays you can use on your penis.

• Posted

I'm taking 40mg every morning, on week 5 now. I also have the sexual side effect. It's frustrating, but I'm no longer stressed out and suicidal, so the benefits outweigh the negatives. I feel better mentally than I have felt my whole life so if I can't get hard, it's worth it...for now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.