Please help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a female almost-teen. Lately, the area near my butt crack has been painful. I can't sit properly, walk properly and it's painful. Recently, I've discovered that there is a bone-like lump near my butt crack. I can't see it and there is no bruising. It's under the skin. I'm really concerned and don't know what to do. I don't want to tell my Mom, because she'll freak and bring me to the hospital. I can't go to the hospital because of Covid-19. I really need help and information. Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rhea,

The best thing you can do right now is to talk to your mum about the pain you are experiencing. You probably need to go and see a doctor, but this could be simply a PCP/GP and not at the hospital. In fact, many doctors, at least where I am, are doing video appointments so you don't need to go in unless it is something they can't handle over the phone.

I know that things seem scary out in the medical field right now, but the area's in the hospital which covid-19 patients are being treated are completely separated from the general care. AND if you are under 18, if you do need to go to hospital, you would either be at a children's hospital or on a children's ward, where the risk is significantly reduced.

• Posted

Hi Rhea,

Without seeing picture of this lump, it is difficult yo take a guess. Is it at the top or a lo g the gluteal fold. It may be a pilonidal cyst which comes from a hair follicles and is usually genetic in nature. It can only be removed surgically. Warm compresses to the area often brings it to a head after which it will drain some pretty often smelly fluid. This is really a temporary relief as the next time around it will present as larger. Bottom line is you must tell your mother and then make an appointment with a surgeon so he/she can make a proper diagnosis and plan of care. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Rhea, I think first you need to tell your Mom, if you don't want to go to the hospital, tell her, even if you had an injury from something, if it hurts there is a reason, it maybe something that needs attention, to prevent it from getting worse...Your Mom can call ahead to see what options are available via video conference with a Dr and you may not need to go in...they will figure it out, Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒🎶🐾🌈🍀☮♾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.