Please Help Me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering from a mysterious illness since late August.

my symptoms are all over the place but these are the most prevalent/persistent:

loss of appetite(literally no interest in food)

• fatigue

dizziness

• sore/stiff neck (still have mobility but constantly sore)

• weight loss (about 20 lbs in 1 month)

• dry coughwith a gag/retch at the end of it

• vommitting bile or some other clear substance in the mornings

• bouts of diahrea

During lab testing several flags were raised, my billiruben was 1.9 upon first test, went down to high normal levels afterwards. Lymph values have remained low. (18%) Low Bun/ Creatinine levels. I also flagged for ebv antibodies but was informed it was a ' past infection' I think my Drs initially thought it was a problem within my own body rather than an infection, then my wife got sick.

She too has had extreme difficulty eating and as a result has lost weight, her neck went and back went extremely stiff for a whole week in September, something we attributed to a previous neck injury, bit I feel it was odd that it flared up all of a sudden without any immediate cause or injury. She has also flagged several abnormalities during testing including high platelets, low red blood cells, and low monocytes. Her neck stiffness did resolve for the most part but she too complains of a nagging soreness. We have both had instances of strange discoloration/bruising under the eyes. As of now we have tested negative for HIV,syphillis, and hepatitis, as well as Alpha Gal and a slew of others that have came back negative. I was initially diagnosed with IBS and vertigo, both seem ridiculous now that my wife has shown similar symptoms. Things like depression and anxiety have also been mentioned a lot, but I know thats not the case. We are parents of three children and it is becoming hard to get through daily life with all of this going on. Ive suspected a parasite or tick born illness to be the cause for several reasons, we have a pet that appeared to have worms over the summer who got better after treatment, we are an outdoorsy family and spent all summer catching and eating wild fish and crabs as well as swimming in lakes,rivers, creeks, and the ocean. Im scheduled for an endoscopy/colonoscopy as per my gastro but i feel that it is a futile and expensive effort if my wife is also ill. Please, please,please, any Doctors who may know what is going on or maybe someone that have gone through this. Ive gotten a lot of blank stares and eye rolls from my Drs, but I have got to get to the bottom of this, my life has been hell. I need to be able to provide for my family.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

wow. this sounds like my son who has been suffering for a solid year. started with a hacking cough and now that's subsided but he too has had no appetite and would vomit bile and regurgitate food and

complain of not knowing if he was hungry or not. He would cry from the fatigue and discomfort he was in. so hard to watch your child go thru this. he did a round or 2 of ivermectin bc if Covid and ironically he got a little better. allimax seems to help him too. we did a stool test via parasitecenter and he came up positive for salmonella and sone roundworms larve were seen in his stool. We plan on seeing a functional med dr Monday who will hopefully help us further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.