Please help me , anxiety or brain tumor??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I am a 14 yrs old student and I am from Hong Kong (sorry for the poor English)

Recently I suffer from some strange symptoms and I worry that I have a brain tumor.

I remember around Nov I studied very hard for my first term exam , and few days after the exam begins I feel unwell and I worried that I have ALS.

At that time I became extremely tired and I just want to sleep all day and also I have speech difficulty and headache for all day long. (Now they're gone)

After that everything was fine until a few days later my muscles started to twitch and my leg and hand become numb.

Now the symptoms remains and more new symptoms appears.I'd like to list them

-Hand numbness

-loss of appetite(I only eat twice a day since yesterday sad

-headaches (it happens sometimes for few minutes)

-tired all day

-Don't want to do anything

-forgetting things easily

-sleeping too much

-lump in throat

Please help me , I am really worried that I've got a brain tumor. Or just anxiety due to my first term exam? But I wasn't really worried about it. I start to become anxious after those symptoms occur. So is that I am having a brain tumor instead?

I am really worried about it. Please help me.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I doubt its a brain tumor. Maybe stress if you been up at night then it could be due to that overstressing will give you a headache.
    • Posted

Thanks , I keep telling myself not to worry too much and today I feel much better.
  • Posted

Hello

i am sorry you have been so unwell. It is most unlikely you have a brain tumour but to rule it out see your family doctor as soon as possible. It is more likely to be the stress around your exams, always a worrying time.

I wish you well and your English is very good!

Bran

• Posted

Thanks for replying me . Today I feel much better since I keep telling myself to stop checking my body parts and think about am I going to die or other horrible things that I worry the most. But still a little bit of appetite loss and I slightly feel a lump in my throat . Hopefully everything will be fine soon.
    • Posted

I am really pleased you are a little better. Keep thinking positive and be kind to yourself

Best wishes

Brian

• Posted

Oh you have got yourself in a state haven't you. Firstly I would like to know where your parents are? At 14 you're very young to be studying without parental support. Secondly I would like to tell you that your symptoms could be indicative of many different conditions apart from brain tumours. If you are registered at a doctor's surgery ask an appropriate adult to make an appointment and go with you for a consultation. If you're not registered with a doctor's surgery you can go to a minor injuries unit or even A&E at a hospital if you are worried. Please keep in touch, I'm here to talk to you.

• Posted

Thanks for replying me . Today I feel much better since I keep telling myself to stop checking my body parts and think about am I going to die or other horrible things that I worry the most. But still a little bit of appetite loss and I slightly feel a lump in my throat . Hopefully everything will be fine soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.