please help me cure BV

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP ME! I have been suffering from BV for 6 years now and im 19 years old. I tried two different antibotics that didnt help, monistat 3 which reduced the discharge and clindamycin cream which helped reduce discharge also but it never completley stopped or ended. It sucks because  cant have sex with my boyfriend without intense sharp pains. Also when I orgasm a ton of discharge comes out. I have to wear panty linears or pads everyday because of this. I dont know what else to do.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me too. It turned out to be non infectious cervicitis, not BV. It is basically inflammation of the cervix. The only way to test this is for your Dr. to do a culture to see if there are white blood cells in your cervix. They put me on doxycycline hyclate for 7 days to get rid of it. Sharp pains aren't indicative of BV that I know of, not from my experience anyways. Hope this info helps. Good luck!

• Posted

Try ordering ProBiotics called Raw Probiotics WOMEN 85 billion cultures & go to Walmart to buy Vitamin C with Rosehips.

Take 1 Raw Probiotic orally & take 1 Vit. C with Rosehips orally every morning with food.

Insert 1 Vitamin C with Rosehips vaginally every morning, be sure to wear a panty liner.

• Posted

I've been struggling with BV for years- never had an odor, mostly just burning. My doctor was convinced it was stubborn yeast and tried countless cures including boric acid. Nothing made the burning better. A NP friend prescribed metronidizole gel and it made it WAY better... but cued an actual yeast infection... My PCP suggested this regimen:

1 week of metro gel, 21 days of boric acid, and then metro gel twice weekly for 6 months. This is attacking both potential BV and resulting yeast.

I am feeling way better and am tapering back the metro because it causes discharge. I use it once a week max and then follow with boric acid to ward off any yeast. I get even better month after month. Hopefully I will be able to stop this all together soon..I believe this strategy is posted on the CDC website for BV as well. 

Other things I am doing: taking primdophilus reuteri and eating yogurt daily, taking zinc supplement, vitamin D supplement, and folic acid to boost immune system. 

I will keep you posted. I really think that in most cases it is not exclusively BV OR Yeast. I think it can be a combination of both and the symptoms are hard to distinguish sometimes. Warning: boric acid can cause burning sometimes but if you use some diaper rash cream externaly, it makes it more manageable. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

I'm guessing you have recurrent BV. I've had pains too, but I'm guessing that it's the bacteria from the BB spreading to my UT. I swear by the vitamin C method. I used 1 500 mg uncoated tablet and inserted it as far as I could. Cured in 24 hours. You could just have a lot of build up that is coming out when you orgasm. This happens to me too. Try the Vit C method, just do it once. There's a reason why other countries have been using this method for years. I have a feeling pharmaceutical companies have contributed to this. I will never take another oral antibiotic or use metro gel again for BV. Also, if your BF finishes inside of you, be proactive, and go ahead and insert a tablet. You might want to ask your gynecologist or primary physician whether there are any harmful effects of doing this intravaginal, I plan on doing that next visit. I haven't read anything online that says it's harmful though

• Posted

Thank you!! My BV hasn't been recurrent. It has just been there for six years idk how I got it at a young age because I wasn't sexually active when I got it. Im 19 right now and was 13 when I got it. I know you don't have to be sexually active to get it but idky I have it. Will this method still work even if its not recurrent and where did you get the 500 mg tablet? 

• Posted

Amanda,

You can get the Vitamin C from any where really. I hear the one with Rosehips is best, but I've been using the one withoout and its' still worked for me. I am going to try with rosehips next bottle. Have you tried them?

I've had BV for almost two years now and the ONLY thing that's helped is inserting Vitamin C 500mg. I am also taking garlic pills (non scent) taking a multivitamin and probiotics. But I noticed the probiotics are giving me a UTI so I might switch brands to a more natural brand you can only get through people selling them. 

Sometimes I douche with hydrogen peroxide too. Helps with the smell.

• Posted

Hope,

Thanks so much! I'll have to try this soon and hopefully it will work. I'm so sick of wasting money on things that arent working and I want this to disappear fast! Thanks for helping me!!

• Posted

Also I was wondering how you inserted it? Did you use an applicator or did you have to keep a tampon or something up there to keep the vitamin C in. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

• Posted

I was inserting the Vit C for about 11 days, but I noticed it started to give me a lot of abdominal pain so I had to stop sad I think it was doing damage to my vagina wall, it was peeling I think. I wouldn't recommend this anymore as it caused me to bleed after the treatment. I have not yet found a cure sad

• Posted

I wish I could say I  found a simple cure-all for this, but nothing worked for me until I changed my diet. Since very young I've had what the doctors would call an "abundance" of yeast. My gyno told me it was my diet. I didn't listen until BV set in. After two years of expensive meds that would only work for a couple weeks, vinegar baths and other home remedies, I finally changed my diet. I have either eliminated or limited sugar, caffeine, bread and cheese. I take Vit D, B, C, garlic, turmeric and a probiotic. I eat plain yogurt and drink keifer. I am almost 50 and can say for the first time in my life I have either no or what you would call a normal amount of discharge. I also only use tea tree oil soap and drink A LOT of water. It's just my opinion that because you starting having this problem at such a young age that it's probably diet related. I hope you find this helpful and wish you well.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.