please help me diagnosing sciatica

Posted , 4 users are following.

it all started after excercise. two days after starting excercise i suddenly noticed vibration/buzzing in the soul(ball) and toes of my right foot, it happened two times that day lasting for two hours each. then for the next week everything was normal.

I am not having any trouble in walking or sitting and no back pain its just that now i am experiencing a current type sensation in a sole which has now moved to the side of big toe. this sensation comes when i lift my foot or toe. but sometimes i walk compleately normal.

i was wondering whether it is sciatica or not beacuse i am not having any back pain. electrical sensation is just in the toe and sole area of my right foot. please help me with this

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna  i have the same sensation in toes and feet burning tingling  i was first diagnosed with sciatica then had a x ray on the lower back came cack with mild osteo arthritis  i am 62 years old  i too do not have back pain  best wishes sandra

• Posted

Are your symptoms still there ? if not then what did you do to get a relief. 
  • Posted

Hi Anna, yes symptoms are still with me i am waiting to see a neurologist  toes and feet and burning are driving me mad                    

• Posted

yeah i can understand. my symptoms are quite different they feel just like an electric current and its only there when i move my foot. no leg or foot pain at all but it is very much irritating. but sometimes i walk i walk completely fine. wish you all the best 
  • Posted

Hello, 

Have you been too the doctor's ? Are you taking any meds ?. Most sciatica starts in the legs from the lower back the whole leg would become numb with pain what you have could be nerve damage I would go and see your doctor as soon as you can too rule out other things too. 

• Posted

No, due to certain reasons i cannot go to the doctor. and as far as nerve damage is concerned i read about MS while searching my symptoms i was so much scared. i am having severe health anxiety after reading that. my sensations comes and goes. it goes when i rest when i woke up today it was fine but when i started working i felt this sensation again then i went somewhere i walked almost whole day and nothing happened even after comming back i was normal. but now i am again getting this electric current type feeling in my foot. I am so much scared but cannot get myself checked by the doctor.
    • Posted

Woke up today with tingling in my toes you really need to get it checked out the longer you leave it may end up with damage 
  • Posted

Hi Anna it might be a trapped nerve in the sciatic nerve

• Posted

Hi tjere

i have had same sensation since my op. I mentioned it at Physio and they said it is caused by a muscle that goes across ur sole and up side of leg. You need to keep stretching forwards and back slowly, it burns yes I know, but it really helps 

• Posted

i can't get it checked by the doctor. All i can do is some massage and streaching exercise. do pray for me please 
  • Posted

your psciatic nerve runs from the spine to the toes so it could be psciatica or just a trapped nerve causing pain in that area.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.