Please help me figure out what is wrong with me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'm Jade. I'm 21 and at the moment I'm jobless.

For the past 10 months I have been suffering from serve abdominal pains, very bad nausea, constipation and loose stools and drastic weight loss. I went from 12 stone to seven and a half stone. I have been referred to the hospital but my appointment is not until July. My doctors have not been very helpful what so ever with my situation. Im very stressed/depressed and constantly anxious which I know will not be helping with my symptoms. What made me write on this forum tonight is because my symptoms are getting worse and worse as the days go by. I'm extremely poorly. I had to quit studying due to this problem. Now I sit and home all day everyday twiddling my fingers. There is so much more to life than being miserable and not being able to do the things you'd like because of your health.

Let me tell you about my diet.

Before I got these problems, I didn't have the healthiest diet (I was young enjoying myself at uni) as soon as I got these symptoms I changed my diet. I was eating bland food for about two weeks. Symptoms did not go away. It doesn't really matter what I eat, I find I'll still feel sick and get bloated after anything I eat, so my diet now is balanced. I stay away from peppers,broccoli,cabbage,onions,tomatoe, dairy (as much as possible) and spicy food as I know these can be major triggers for my symptoms.

I have had many blood tests, urine tests and stool tests. Which came back okay. I also had an ultrasound, which again, came back normal. My hospital appointment in July is for a endoscopy and maybe a scan of my abdominal.

I appreciate anybody taking their time to read this and get back to me. I just need some advice. I'm really desperate. I can't go on like this any more.

Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You have my sympathy

I have no solutions but what I can say is your not alone. I have had all the above symptoms and more since last April.

Had bloods ultra sound poop test all normal

It made me stressed and depressed

Finally this week I had a Colonscopy all normal

So IBS is diagnosed.

But symptoms remain. However the Colonscopy has proved to me visually that nothing is physically wrong. This alone has lifted a lot of my stress and depression so the symptoms are less server

I take Colpremin peppermint capsuals (it can make matters worse for some) and a probation pill this all eases my bloating to manageable levels.

I was on diazepam again not long term solution but helped.

What I'm trying to say is stress and worry of what it could be makes it worse.... I saw for my own eyes on a TV monitor my guts are healthy..... and this has helped a lot

• Posted

Hi Jade,

Sorry to know that u are suffering like this. Don't worry. U r not alone. U maybe having all this due to bad food habits and basically stress and anxiety. I have suffered more or less same symptoms like u for last 10 years. I had gone thru 3 operations of appendix, fundoplication and most recently gallbladder. Still recovering from gallbladder thing. I survived a broken marriage n loss of my once nice job and then I started having anxiety symptoms. Although before a few months didn't accept that I m facing stomach pain, gas, stomach acid, nausea due to anxiety. But now I have accepted the fact which is kind of first step in this battle. I know u feel sheer fatigue just due to battling anxiety stress everyday. U may try meditation just for 10 mins everyday, which I m trying to do as well as medication for calming mind. Trust me it helps. Doctors usually just dump everything into IBS if they don't find anything autonomically wrong in reports. Though u can meet some doctors for second opinion and if they rule out anything physical with u then trust me this is all anxiety and stress. Hope u get well soon.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Since writing this post I have got worse. I've had about 4 hours sleep in the past 2 days. All I've had to eat today is 1 slice of toast - a bite of a banana and a few mouthfuls of mixed veg. I physically cannot stomach anything solid. I know there's acid in my stomach as I had the awful foul taste in my mouth, feel more sick than ever and keep burping a lot. I'm trying my best to eat but I can't. Please help me. I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't left my bed since Sunday.

sad

• Posted

Hi Jade,

Sorry to know that u r feeling worst. I suggest u something. I feel it cud be acid reflux. Have u asked doctor about that? I myself had suffered from that. The fundoplication operation cud b answer to ur queries. I m from India. Can suggest u a best doc from here. If u want to even consult the doc on phone initially it should be ok

• Posted

Your symptoms might be IBS. Has any doctor suggested this?  If all tests come back clear, Irritable Bowel can be diagnosed. The food triggers you have found are common with IBS.
  • Posted

Hi Jade

You might like to consider cutting gluten and wheat out of your diet and replacing it with "Free From" foods.  This made a massive difference to me, greatly reducing the bloating and wind.  I think you should also look to be tested for Crohns Disease and Colitis.  I have had 2 colonoscopies, 1 barium enema and 1 CT scan, which showed I actually have severe Diverticular Disease, and not IBS as I had previously been told.  You sound as though you are doing the right things in trying to eliminate trigger food.  I hope you get answers.

• Posted

Hi,  ...really want to help you if I can. Are you on any meds that could be causing the discomfort?  Whenever I have a problem, I try to think back to something that I've added or deleted from my life.  I was having gastric issues and it turns out it was one of my meds. After almost 14 years, shocked that it a med. This may not be your issue but thought I would throw this in as a consideration. ...hoping you find your pathway to better health. 

• Posted

Hello Mesirm.

I'm not on any Medication anymore I refuse to take what they give me because when I first started getting my symptoms they chucked a lot and I mean a lot of different medications at me. Including peppermint oil, buscapan, meberevin, omeprazole, ranitidine, anti depressants. Non helped what so ever. So I'm on nothing.

I drink a lot of herbal tea - camomile/peppermint to soothe my symptoms that way.

I haven't ate or slept proper since Sunday. All I've ate today is a slice of toast and a bite of a banana and a few mouthfuls of veg. I can feel the acid in my stomach coming up to my throat. I feel so sick. So sick to the point I'm sat next to my toilet. I have a lump in my throat also. Just have loads of different symptoms to the other day. Abdominal pain isn't as bad anymore.

• Posted

Hi Jade, I can definitely relate to your symptoms and testing by Doctor and was wondering and hoping your issues were brought on by one of your medications like what happened in my case. How long have you discontinued all meds.  If they were aggravating your system; perhaps over time they will wear out of your system.  I was also taking omeprazole but found that sometimes it would seem to aggravate my stomach but found that if I ate bread (someone from the site recommends sour dough bread over other types of breads) before taking the omeprazole it would calm my stomach a bit.  For me, it felt like the bread helped to soak up the acid.  I tried crackers but the sour dough seem to work better. Did any of the doctors suggest probiotics?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.