Please help me. I am on the brink. Liquid diarrhea for a week and feeling this is the end

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please don't laugh at that title. I am a severe anxiety sufferer. But I now I have something that is genuinely real and because there is no explanation, I am loosing it. My fear is so bad that I am not functional and feel I need to be helped immediately to push on. A week ago, the liquid diarrhea started. It now seems to follow a pattern. No bowel movements at all for about 12 hours. Then I will have one and it will be loose and dark. See photo. Then immediately after I will have 5 more super explosive, dark very liquid movements until I am all cleared out. Then all is quiet again and the cycle repeats about 12 hours later. If I eat nothing, then nothing at all happens. What is going on? I went in one time to urgent care and they told me I had influenza and it would clear in a few days. That is not happening. What are these symptoms indicative of? Colon Cancer? Prostate cancer? Please, please help!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI If i was you i would do to see your GP the gp should ask you for a stool sample and send it off to be tested its called a faecal ocult blood test they test for blood in stool and they also test for something called calprotectin thats to check for inflamation in your bowel then depending on results of that they might send you for a colonoscopy my boyfriend has been suffering with bowel problems he had to get a colonscopy but they could'nt find anything consultant seems ti think its irritable bowel syndrome apparently ibs can cause constipation and them loose stools so you might have ibs

• Posted

I agree with what cheryl says - you say you suffer from anxiety well that is a good indicator of making your bowel loose and then having IBS probably caused by you getting yourself into a state with worrying about it. You have no blood in your movement nor severe pains in your stomach so its not likely to be anything serious but the only way to help your anxiety about it all is to see a doctor and discuss it with him. Are you being treated for anxiety.

• Posted

Thank you both for your thoughts on this. It means more than you can know. I am headed to my Doctor today. I have been diagnosed on the severe end with anxiety, so you can imagine what this is doing to me. I know it may seem like I am crying wolf again, but this issue with the diarrhea is honestly different. The liquid diarrhea started a week ago at the same time I got a cough and congestion with mild fever. Went into doctor and I tested positive for influenza A. But I thought it was very strange that I had diarrhea with flu when everything you read says diarrhea is not usually a symptom of upper respiratory flu. So my flu symptoms went away but the liquid diarrhea continues. But yes, no pain and no blood.

Everything you read online says diarrhea should be gone in 3 days. This is why I have reached crisis point. Please don't think I am crazy.

Is there really things that can cause weeks long liquid diarrhea other than cancer? And isn't it odd that this all started at the same time they said I had the flu?

• Posted

inflammatory bowel disease like crohns or ulcerative colitis can cause diarrhoea and or constipation my boyfriend has been suffering with bowel problems hes had all different kinds of tests and the consultant seems to think its irritable bowel disease you can have constipation then diarrhoea.

Have you lost any weight at all?? my boyfriend had lost two stone he was also suffering anxiety attacks and was feeling ill most days and pain but doctor said sometimes ibs can be debilitating in some people but not with others

• Posted

So I have transitioned into these kind of bowel movements (see picture). Sorry to be gross. Do these look normal color and consistency? Is this what a bowel movement should look like or do I still have problems? I am just an anxiety wreck so it helps to hear your thoughts on if my bowel movements are getting better or worse.

• Posted

Can anyone answer my question? Sorry to be a bother.

• Posted

Currently suffering myself and have been for 4 years off and on. Please push for test I suffer anxiety as well and that will throw your bowels and stomach all off. Eat some activia twice a day it helps. I have had blood test and cameras up my butt. Take care of yourself and do things that you enjoy it will help

• Posted

hi,

are you still having diarrhea? are you having other symptoms? i say this because last year i had diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite. i gave a stool sample, and it came back positive for c Diff which is a bacterial infection of the colon. it is contagous. it's transfered through fecal to oral so if someone didn't wash their hands, then handled something of yours like food, and you put your hand in your mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.