Please help me I have Anal Fissure 1 year now and now it developed into an Abscess

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got this fissure forcing constipation and a hard large stool a year ago perhaps 14 months I would say, I have seen 5 doctors but none has a solution, one told me to live with it.

Problem is the sentinel pile that developed got infected, hurt like hell, farting is like a razor blade slicing you scream in pain. I went to the hospital promptly and I insisted the surgeon drain it so he did, he stuck a needle deep into the infected pile, it was the most painful thing in my existence and it took 12 seconds of screaming until I lose my voice for 1 day. Then he pulled out the needle the area was numb and he put his finger in anus and pulled the pile upwards and made a very tiny incision and drained it. He said he didn't feel any track where a fistula could form but that was very early I heard fistula forms after.

fast forward 5 months this infection is still there I have to squeeze puss out of this daily 3 times a day else it pains like crazy and I can't even fart without the razor blade pain. But once I squeeze the puss out everything feels amazing.

My surgeon gave me Sufrexal Gel, it is a medication apparently made in Mexico that uses the active ingredient ketanserin. It was a game changer for the fissure compared to GTN which did nothing at all.

Now I can sit, I can travel with minimal to no pain.

Going to the toilet is not painful at first but a sharp burning pain comes after on the left butt cheek and when your anus you know decompresses? cause you urinate while having your bowel movement and you suck back in the natural way it can sometimes and often continues to tear the fissure and I see small amounts of blood.

Again it looks like this may be a fistula the surgeon said he needs to send a camera up to see if there is one cause this abscess shouldn't be there that long, I am wondering what will happen to me now? is my life over as we speak?

This fissure will heal and then 3 weeks later no matter what you do it will tear again as tho it needs to tear and when it does it feels wonderful almost as if it needs to tear for the anus to return to normal. I wonder if its healing badly?

My surgeon said do Sitz Bath twice a day and I been doing that and its fantastic but the puss is another story. I am scared

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long do I have left to live?

• Posted

had the same problem when I was farting too. sorted the problem but its not really practical. where abouts in the world you live?

• Edited

Trinidad and Tobago

Will I live for atleast 20 more years? or will I be infected more and more and lose all my organs?

• Posted

Go to a doctor and speak with them and be honest about it. See if you can get any help.

• Posted

Hi Jason,

I have the exact same problem and I'm suffering.

Have you been able to find a solution?

Please help.

Thank you

• Posted

i certainly hope by now you are all adjusted and doing better. it hurt my heart to read you so concerned about this killing you. life expectancy according to my gi and gi surgeon is not any significant degrade due to crohns or ibs and fistulas can be delt with just have to keep up with your gi dr and if you feel something is wrong make sure you are heard. you are your biggest advocate. i also have delt with the same things. ive had a seton in one fistula tract 9 years and a new tract was found using ct and mri scans along with a colonoscopy and clean out of abscess. i cant have anything done with it yet since it is apparently to choppy it zig zags to much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.