Please help me, I’m living a miserable life because of my nose.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since I was a kid, I always have breathed through my mouth as my nose was all was stuffy because of polyps and other problems which I can’t remember at the moment. Last year I had a surgery in my nose but things haven’t changed much, sometimes I can breath through only one nostril at a time but most of the time I can’t even breath through one nostril so I just end breathing through the mouth which bought me many other problems but if I go to gym I can breath through both nostril very clearly but as soon as I stop exercising, everything goes back to how it was. Why didn’t the surgery change everything? I thought I was going to be able to breath through both nostril 24/7 but nearly nothing changed and I have to wait over 6 months to go to see the ENT who did my surgery again. What’s wrong with my nose and will I ever be able to breath like a normal person?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry you are having such a miserable time. It's interesting what you say about the "gym" effect. Does your nose clear when you do particular types of exercise? Am wondering if some breathing exercises might help you. A physio could help with that- or try yoga which has lots of nose-clearing routines.

• Posted

The Buteyko breathing method will help you as this will replicate the "Gym" effect by increasing the level of CO2 in your blood which acts as a natural anti inflammatory. Please check out my post for other ideas to help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.