Please help me if you have pains, aches after being diagnosed with a blood clot

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a clot behind my left knee last August, in my Peroneal Vein that has left me with a clot that will not dissolve and scarring. I get aches, light pain any where in my leg, even upper back thigh. Does any body else have these? are they 'normal'

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a massive clot, from the behind the knee, up the back of my thigh, through my groin and across my abdomen.  The clot is now gone, they washed it out.  I have some aches in my leg, some pain at the top of my foot and my leg feels heavy sometimes but nothing bad at all.  I find the more I exercise, the better my leg is, i usually do a 3 mile walk every evening. If I am unable to do that walk for a few days I notice it in my leg.  Walking is good, it opens up smaller veins and therefore increases the blood flow. 
  • Posted

Hi Mike I had a clot 8 years ago and I still have lots of aching and pain but they diagnosed me with post thrombotic syndrome and chronic venous insuffiency as a direct result from the clot.I'm not sure how long ago your clot was but could be worth asking your gp if you also have pts. Or cvi.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.