Please Help me -long suffering mother of three !

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I am brand new to this forum having researched withdrawing from lyrica. As a bit of background , I have been taking 300mg per day for the past three years ( since nerve damage during c section) I have AS and fibro along with chronic bladder pain syndrome and GERD. I am 36 and have three children aged 15 ,6 and 4 , both of my boys have autism and Tourette's syndrome.

I am now taking biological treatment drugs ( etanercept) and I also take pain relief. I am desperate to come off pregablin, literally desperate. My memory is shocking , I have gotten fat, I look terrible and I am also experiencing so much dizziness and nausea. Last week I ran out of tablets and the effect of not having a tablet for one day was just horrific.

So finally my question-

Has anybody already done this ? How long did it take them to be free from effects ? In what dosage did you cut down? Over what period of time did you do it ?

Thank you all in advance

I appreciate the help

J X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi . Lyrica is a very potent drug with serious withdrawals . I'm admin of a group called lyrica survivors with over 5k members . A 10% taper is recommended to minimise withdrawals .. if you'd like to be added to the group let me know here and I'll friend request you so you can join as it's a private group . Do not just stop this drug as it can cause seizures cold turkey . Memory loss weight gain brain fog is just the top of the ice berg .

• Posted

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply. Is that a Facebook group? I would very much like to join. Is it searchable ?

• Posted

Yes it's a fb pg but it's a closed pg . I'm admin there I can add you as a friend on my Facebook then add you to the group if you want to .

• Posted

Yes that would be good. You won't be able to search me though so I would need to add you the. You invite me to the group?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.