PLEASE HELP ME !!!!! Lump/tightness in neck sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

At the start of tier 4 lockdown my mental and physical health have been all over the place, I've been feeling so unhappy and depressed. On the 31/12/2020 I started having a tightness sensation in my neck, feeling as a lump is in my throat. However, there isn't anything stuck in there and I am able to digestive food and drink without any problems. I tried swallowing my saliva serval times to try and ease the discomfort but nothing seem to happen. When I yawn both of my ear cracks , from a 1 to a 10 I would say 1, since it only cracks when I open my mouth wide and it's painless. I've tried taking paracetamol, eating garlic and drinking lemon, ginger and honey tea alongside gargling salt water but nothing seem to work. I don't have cough symptoms or anything else, just the symptoms I have listed. I've contacted my doctor an he prescribed me a 10 day course of antibiotics called 'Phenoxymethylpenicillin tablets 250 mg', the discomfort continue to persist. The lump sensation has eased a little, still there but it is not as extreme in the beginning to the point I notice that it is always there. Although, I do feel tightness in my throat as well as neck. I've contacted my doctor again but they seem to think it will go away on it's own, they don't believe it's anything concerning or worrying. I just feel neglected, because of what I feel I have to be very cautions when doing activities that will cause my heart rate to go up as there are moments where I can struggle to breathe properly due to my throat sensation. I am Covid 19 NEGATIVE!. This sensation have been happening over a month now, today is the 03/02/2021. I've been doing serval of research; perhaps I have Globus sensation?. I don't know, I just want this discomfort to go away, it is so annoying.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Ijust wanted to add my comment to try to help others. I started with the lump in the throat feeling on and off for a few weeks now but have always felt a tight neck when anxious. Im 55 and post menopausal by about 2 years and know that my hormone levels are still out of sync due to hot sweats etc and joint pain especially in my neck. Thats how this all started, the neck joint pain and tension and headaches which have now subsided. A couple of years ago I suffered a huge trauma and it really affected my whole well being and mental health which led to stress and anxiety. I began having very frightening panic attacks which i over came with doing my research and understanding what was going on and following the recommendations and advice which is to use the power of the mind to turn things around.

What i'm trying to say is this fur ball in the throat is all in the mind.

This is what I do when it happens, mainly when i'm anxious. Do the deep breathing to relax your body and feel your shoulders drop. Do the neck exercises everyday. D'ont keep swallowing to see if still there just forget about it and get busy, occupy your mind. I take an antacid tablet in the morning and have a relaxing cup of tea. IF your mind wanders back to the feeling push it away. You have nothing to fear. The sensation will go eventually and if it returns do the same thing again. I also took antihistamine tabs which helps me.

I hope this helps and remember font panic. Relaxation is the key.

• Posted

Ijust wanted to add my comment to try to help others. I started with the lump in the throat feeling on and off for a few weeks now but have always felt a tight neck when anxious. Im 55 and post menopausal by about 2 years and know that my hormone levels are still out of sync due to hot sweats etc and joint pain especially in my neck. Thats how this all started, the neck joint pain and tension and headaches which have now subsided. A couple of years ago I suffered a huge trauma and it really affected my whole well being and mental health which led to stress and anxiety. I began having very frightening panic attacks which i over came with doing my research and understanding what was going on and following the recommendations and advice which is to use the power of the mind to turn things around.

This is what I do when it happens, mainly when i'm anxious. Do the deep breathing to relax your body and feel your shoulders drop. Do the neck exercises everyday. D'ont keep swallowing to see if still there just forget about it and get busy, occupy your mind. I take an antacid tablet in the morning and have a relaxing cup of tea. IF your mind wanders back to the feeling push it away. You have nothing to fear. The sensation will go eventually and if it returns do the same thing again. I also took antihistamine tabs which helps me.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.