Please help me. My autistic sister (13) has been showing gestures of severe abdominal pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

She's 13 and she's autistic. She doesn't speak. For more than a month she has been crying all night pressing her tummy hard. Her sleep is scarce. Her pediatrician had demanded for abdominal scanning but the attempts were all failures as she doesn't cooperate for the scanning process. And everyone is afraid to give her an anesthesia since she's autistic. Im just terribly afraid doubting what kinda stomach pain can last this long. She's got her menarche done and her stool looks normal . can someone out here pls help me find a solution for this? Can u temme what can be the probable reasons for such a long term pain or tell me how i can make her successfully complete a scanning session. Pls don't ignore this. All my hopes are in this. Please. . May God bless all.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is there a possibility that they could sedate her for some important tests. 

hope she is beet son.

• Posted

Tests like what? The doctors aren't showing the interest in sedating her. I don't understand anything. sad

• Posted

Is there any possibility she would allow bloodtests?  Coeliac or some deficiency could be detected...

Why won't they sedate or anesthetize your sister? It seems cruel to deny her something that other patients may receive. She deserves access to care including tests and treatment, even if it's not convenient for medical staff.

My son had kidney issues as a baby and had to be restrained by three people as a toddler just to get a sonogram - It couldn't be done on a larger person and shouldn't be done if she doesn't fully understand. How else can she be checked? 

I'm guessing that she's had regular medications like antacid or pain relievers (over-the-counter) and it's no help?  Maybe even lactase enzymes and/or probiotics?  If it's not a serious condition, she may be able to be treated at home, it's just more trial-and-error than the typical adolescent.

You're a wonderful sister and I wish you all the best! 

• Posted

Thanks a tonne for your deep concern.. God bless you sister. And.. im a brother cheesygrin^

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.