Please help me rid scabies.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Ready to take my life. I can't get rid of these monsters. Please help me!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only way I got rid of scabies was by heat of 122 degrees or over for 45 minutes in an infrared sauna. I went through many rounds of using ivermectin and washing everything (sheets, towels, etc) in hot water. Nothing worked since my immune system is impaired. We bought a sauna because we could not take the intense itching anymore after 3 months of suffering.$6000 was never as well spent!!! I think you can get a cheaper one, but it must heat your skin to at least 122 degrees. We set ours to 138 and stayed in for 45 minutes. I understand that the scabies die at 25 minutes. Please don't suffer and waste time and money on the medications which only killed some of the bugs and didn't work long term for us. When my husband became scabies free, I continued to have them and no medication, neem oil baths or other home remedies worked for me.

• Posted

I have had scabies for close to 20 years .... It does not come out on every part of my body except my legs.... Bcs I try to use treatments... But they still do not go... So what I advise and its working for me now...is use a lot of ivermectin tablets.... Like 5 tablets every 3 days...... And make sure u use topical treatment alongside.... I use cotton wool soaked in hydrogen peroxide then after that I rub infected places with tetmosol soap and I leave it on my skin till the next bathe time... Also keep your clothes clean.... I guess now ... Itches have reduced ... But I see few rashes and they dont itch as before.... So I think I am gradually getting a break through....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.