Please help me with my gallbladder pain before surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have another month till surgery, don't  and can't take another attack

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My surgeon gave me the best advice EVER! He told me to eat no meat, bread or anything with fat in.... Hard... Very hard, but it kept me pain free until my surgery and I lost a load of weight which is always good before surgery.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for answering. I have been living on tomato soup and jello since last attack. How long did you have to wait for your surgery after being diagnosed  and did everything go well?
    • Posted

Hi Gail, i had to wait 3 months. Incidentally, hello is fat based. You need to check the fat content of everything. I lived on mushroom stew, baked potatoes and beans, salad, sweet and sour mushrooms, mash potatoes (no butter or milk) and loads of veg. Breakfast consisted of rice crispies with fat free yoghurt. You can get fat free cottage cheese and pitta bread can be got in very low fat. No coffee, no dairy. Black earl gray tea or water to drink (slice of lemon to take away the boredom). Loads of fruit and No avocado. I hope this helps. I felt crappy for about 3 weeks and then started to feel better than i had in a very long time. The op was ok but it does take time to settle down. I have tried to stick to a very low fat diet since and i certainly feel the effects if i don't. I had my op in January and it has been life changing. Good luck
    • Posted

Andi, thank you so much for the help. Here, I thought  Jello was fat free, crap!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.