Please help me with this vertical double vision

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i am 26 year old male. I am having vertical double vision since last 10 months. I see one image above other. Second image is blurr. I see double vision only in dim light. I tried closing my each eye, i have same result. Problem is in both eyes. After physical eye examination opthalmalogist told me that there is no problem in my eye but i have minor degree of error as per prism test. My MRI was normal. He sent me to neurologist. Neurologist told me that it might ne mysthania gravis for that he gave me some blood tests to do. I gor result, i have less neutrophills, more lymphocytes and more TSH than normal level. Now i will visit neurologist again with blood test report but i have one question in mind. I see double vision only in dim light and morever double vision dont go after covering one eye then how it can be neurological problem? I am confused. What should i do? Why my double vision is related to dim light?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean by double vision. If this is your eye lens problem then you can ask for cylindrical lenses. It seems you have high number of cylindrical lense

• Posted

Opthalmologist told me that therr is no problem with my eyes. He could not find cause i guess.

• Posted

Did he test glasses on your eyes? When I went to opthalmologist he tried various types of glasses , spherical, prismatic and cylendrical lenses. Did he do that in your case? Because as soon as he applies it and asks to read the letters you can understand if it is able to solve or not.

Did you just listened to what he said, or you really asked to put and test with various glasses available ?

• Posted

I would keep going back to your opthalmalogist to get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.