Please help Mirt Hell!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

Im on 15mg Mirt and 600mg Seroquel. Have only been on the Mirt for 5 days, came off of 60mg Duloxetine. Withdrawal from that has been and still is HELL.

Just wondered if its normal to feel like a 90 year old suffering from arthritis on the Mirt?? Every bone in my body aches to the point that I cannot get off of the sofa or out of bed and Im walking around hunched over like a little old lady. All I need now is a zimmer frame and the faint smell of lavender!

I Know Im joking about it, but its really getting me down. I have been on this med roundabout for over a year now. Gone through 8 anti deps, 3 anti psych and 2 relaxants. Nothing seems to work, and the withdrawal everytime I switch to a new one is awful. Trying to get outsiders to understand is impossible, and Im at my wits end!

Have been off work for a year and have absolutley nothing to do with my day. This topped with the aches, tiredness, dizzyness and overall depression which started me on this rollercoaster in the bloody first place!!!!

Can anyone say anything positive or uplifting to me please. I dont knoe where else to turn. Im thinking of coming off everything altogether, going back to work and just muddling through. Exept, I have been there and done that, thats when I was diagnosed!!!!!!!

Help me, please. Or I'll have to start going to my local luncheon club and taking coach trips.

Im 25 by the way. LOL :cry:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, my advice is that you stick with Mirtzapine for a bit longer as the drugs need approx 4 weeks to become effective. I had chronic/debilitating tiredness/inertia when I started taking them and for someone who exercises regularly it was a real challenge to haul my frame into the gym! So all the aches yours feeling are quite normal side effects. It's natural to think that you will always feel like this on the drug but it does get better

I'm at a crossroads though with this drug to be honest having been taking it since early in the year. I started off with 15mg then was advised to up the dose to 30mg within a few weeks. On trying this, it made me so spaced out that I went back down to 15mg. I've tried on a few occasions to go up to the my recommended dose and this is my last attempt, i'm going to give it a few weeks then that will be it

I was previously on citalopram but couldn't hack the side effects, the worst of which was depersonalisation syndrome which is horrendous. Had prozac in the past too but made me manic

Can share your frustrations completely, hang on in there

• Posted

When I was on Mirtazapine I certainly had joint aches similar to how you describe. It is so hard to keep positive and to go just a day at a time, but if you can it will help. Highlight the good points, be glad at what you have achieved and know that if today has been really bad then this time will pass. It is hugely possible to be well again and never lose sight of that. Be also very aware that this is not a weakness but a very unpleasant illness. I find it better to get on with things than to hide away, but on occasions I do put myself to bed, just as you would if you were ill with something else. Take care and know that you are not alone in this.
  • Posted

on reading down the list of comments i was so surprised to read that 15mg is the higher dose than the 30mg, wierd! this might explain the clubbed feeling on 15mg and when you go on to 30mg it feels so normal, i am still scared about the lack of info from our doctors and chemists, thank god for these web sites because not only has it helped me but also given my husband a clearer understanding of what we are all going through, take care you are not alone.
  • Posted

Look, I was on Mirt for 18 months. 24 hours after I came off the drug ALL repeat ALL the dreadful pains in my joints went. In a flash. OK I'm back in a depressed state and taking other more commonplace medication - not doing too badly. But above all I can move around, walk, get up, sit down, bend over without any of the appalling pain I had when on Mirt - and that alone is enough to make me feel mentally so much better.
  • Posted

what strikes me as odd is that i was put on mirt because i had awful joint pain, not sleeping, crying all the time and because i was off work and being bullied for being ill. i still have joint pain but at least i can sleep and that really makes a difference. since then i have been laid off work as unfit and next week i have to see a dss doctor i am dreading the whole process of trying to explain to a medical professional what it is like to be in physical pain and wonky/tired from the drugs. i dont feel brave enough to come off the mirt.
  • Posted

Hello all im new on mert for only 2 weeks and I have got blured vison none stop, was on 15mg for 3 nights after a change over from 40mg citalapram for 7 years now on 30mg mert im so spaced out can anyone help thanks
  • Posted

its quite strange reading what i wrote on the 20th about feeling normal, this week my eyes feel sticky, my throat hurts and for the last two nights i have had really restless nights. i am determined not to sleep during the day cos i am desperate to conk out at night time! what next?!?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.