Please help. Missed a dose and anxiety and OCD are back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I started 10mg 8 months ago and increased dose to 20mg about 6 weeks ago and in the past week just started feeling back to my old self. I missed a dose yesterday and my anxiety is through the roof. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it last a day or more? Am I back to square one? Please help, thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

A missed dose shouldn't make you feel any worse as the half life of the medication is quite long. You are just having a blip and it's perfectly normal. Keep taking the meds, ride the ups and downs in your recovery.

• Edited

Thank you so much for responding. Hoping tomorrow will be better. The medication is a godsend but tricky in the beginning stages, where you'll get used to feeling good for a good while and then wham, anxiety is back.

• Posted

How long was it before it started to help with the OCD when you first started? i'😂 only on a low dose as very sensitive to meds but might increase once i stabilise. Also did switch briefly. Mine triggered by zopiclone withdrawal. Getting lot headaches at moment. SUre yours is just a blip maybe everything going on at moment not helping either.

• Posted

Initially when I started on 10mg it helped pretty fast, around the 3 to 4 week mark. That dose worked for about 8 months till February rolled around and I needed to increase my dose (after winter and the beginning of spring is the worst for me). New dose increase took longer to work, it took closer to 6 weeks to feel better but during that time it got increasingly better as it stabilized.

• Posted

Thanks I'm only on low dose 5mg as very sensitive to meds so might take bit longer. Hope you soon bounce back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.