Please Help!!! MRI Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after a week in hospital with neurological symptoms and trying to rule out MS, I have been referred to a Neurologist. Unfortunately the wait is 6 months.

Could anybody please help me with my MRI results: it states

No imaging evidence of a mass lesion.

Single white matter rounded hyperintensities inferior right frontal lobe and posterior left frontal lobe insufficient to suggest demyelination.

No signifcant abnormality elsewhere in the brain, brainstem or cervical cord.

No evidence of optical neuritis or orbital pathology.

Anyone im out my mind with worry.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Why were you in hospital? What symptoms? White matter "spots " usually mean lesions are forming, which is in fact causes Demylination. It could be that the lesions have not formed yet. Not trying to scare you, and I'm not a Dr. I have had Demylination in my brain for over 20 years now. It has exasperated 4 times now, with 2 of them being pretty bad. It has never spread to my spine, however which puzzles every Dr I've seen. There is still a great deal that's unknown about MS and I have to be honest, it takes a lot of tests and a fairly long time before they make a diagnosis. Aside from an MRI, if they test you for it, expect a set of evoked potentials, probably a spinal fluid test, and another MRI etc.. Due to the combination of tests, I was diagnosed as having it, but I'm treated by symptoms, rather than immunosuppressive drugs. If I were you, I would go online and research all possible causes of white matter in the brain and look up possible causes of whatever your symptoms are. When dealing with Neuro, it's best to understand the lingo of what's what. Always ask why, if they're going to run any tests and what it will involve, and what they expect to find. Get 2nd opinions. And only let them draw spinal fluid if they have found definitive proof of Demylination. It's not only very uncomfortable, it can cause severe migraines and spinal pain that can linger for weeks in some people. In conconclusion, Take Charge of YOUR health, using knowledge and always ask questions!

Good Luck, I hope your reading was some kind of fluke and all will go well for you.

P.S It shouldn't take 6 months to get in to see a neurologist, if you're in the hospital with symptoms. I would discuss this with the hospital staff or whatever Dr's care you're under there.

Feel better soon!🤕

• Posted

Depending on where you live Neurologists can be difficult to get in with for the initial conversation. After it gets MUCH faster since you're already in their books. Call up a few different Neurologists to see about availability and tell each of them "For an initial visit, I'm happy to meet with the nurse practitioner on staff. Please put me on your cancellation list for any open availabilities."

If you do that they will call you back must faster. I made it into my Neuro within 2 weeks due to a cancellation when my original appointment wasn't available until 4 months from my initial wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.