Please help! My 5yr old displaying symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Could anyone help me?

My 5yr old daughter is experiencing pins and needles in both hands, with muscle weakness (she has no strength in her hands when this happens). She says her arms feel heavy. 

It’s breaking my heart and we were sent away from the emergency room today.

Thank you for any help or advice you may have.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I'm curious about being a "Carrier" for MS as they haven't found a specific gene.  I'm from Canada so would appreciate any info you could share on this.  The most recent testing I've heard regarding MS is a new MRI tecnique of determining iron deposits in the brain.  This is supposedly going to able to determine when the disease began and what the progression could look like.  I have to go to the MS Clinic in 2 weeks and want to put my list together.  So if anyone has anything to share on this it would be most appreciated.

• Posted

Exactly, Jennifer!

I have not heard of the tests you describe. Wow. My lesions (7) since childhood have remained the same. I am now 66. However these lesions according to a change in criteria for MS...in 2012 are not in the areas for MS they say. There is a large group of us left wondering what we really do have. I was diagnosed with MS in my teens and took the interferon drug treatments when I was 40 for 20 years and they did help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.