Please help need answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have HSV2 I just had sex with my partner he doesn’t know about me being positive for herpes. We did use protection! Is there a chance he can get?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why would you do that?  It’s selfish and dishonest.  You have taken away that person will to  choose what they want to enter in today life .  Because you are ashame does not give you the right to make decision for another. If someone is interested in you having herpes will not make a difference trust me. 
  • Posted

If you were not recently infected, not having an outbreak, and used a condom properly the whole time without breakage or slippage, then the risk is very low. If you take daily suppressive meds on top, the risk is further reduced, almost negligible.
  • Posted

you should tell to your partner, as he needs to get tested also., believe me it helps you to ease your thoughts (a positive. or negative outcome, you me accept)we're you just recently been diagnosed?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.