please help or reassure sick with worry

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am in a bit of a mess at the moment

Just having loads of probs with heavy periods went for a scan yesterday at the hospital everything looked OK apart from a thickened lining, all my bloods are OK apart from CA125 which is slightly raised. Saw a gynae consultant last week before the scan and she wants me to have a hysterscopy and biopsy so feel very anxious

So very scared, before the scan the consultant said she was 99% certain all will be OK but wants to check everything. I was given northeristone to make my periods stop as I didnt gave ones between Dec until March and it was very heavy. She has offered me mirena coil just so worried.

I turned to google and wished I hadn't, I am 46 and have had twins 5 years ago following 4 rounds of ivf.

Please can someone help me or reassurance needed.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ellie. I have been through the same as you are, once 2/3 years ago, and again in the last few months. Both times CA125 slightly raised, heavy periods, spotting. Had abdominal scan, then transvaginal scan, then hysteroscopy and biopsy. Just this morning I have had an mri scan to look further at a suspected small ovarian cyst. I have also been offered the mirena coil in the past.  This is to help lessen the heavy bleed in the period.  I declined as I've been hoping all symptoms would disappear as I entered menopause but I'm still waiting at 58 years old. 

I have been diagnosed with fibroids in the past which can raise the CA125 and cause the bleeding. A biopsy is done just to be safe. 

Try not to worry too much, It's the waiting for results which is the hardest. The treatments and procedures you are having are all routine and it is good to be checked out while your symptoms are in the early stages. 

Take care and keep in touch, it's good to chat on here.

• Posted

By the way.... I haven't been receiving forum notifications over the easter weekend(don't know why) and I suspect thats why you haven't had other responses.

I came across your post by accident. Hopefully you will soon have replies from others.

• Posted

Same here - I haven't been getting notifications for several days.

• Posted

Hi Ellie!  I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopic surgery last year.  Scans showed something in an ovary, but surgery result was a floating fibroid shadowing the ovary and also had uterine and cervical polyps removed, all benign.  I had all the labs, CA 125, hormone levels, CT scan, ultrasounds, the works, scared myself to death Googling it all.  It is the waiting that is hard, but there is a 99% chance that it will all turn out fine.  Stay in touch.

• Posted

A thickened lining means perimeno, right? Flooding periods are perimeno, right? Starting to skip periods is perimeno, right?

I think you should have the biopsy just for reassurance (did you have a vag ultrasound?). But I'm betting you will be just fine. I've had myself dead and buried so many times through all of this crazy meno stuff (thank you Google!).

Sorry you are going through this!

You aren't alone.

XO

• Posted

Suzanne. Thanks for the giggle. I read my obituary in my head all the time. Get myself all worked up. I absolutely can NOT google symptoms anymore if I want to have any life at all. 3 clicks and I'm dead. Lol

• Posted

What is ivf? Did they say how thick your linning was? Mine was 8 and I had the horrible heavy bleeding and had all test including bisopies thank the Good Lord all was okay. They took 4 tubes of blood and just said blood work was good so I have NO ideal if the checked the CA125 is that routine in female issues blood work? One thing I learned along time ago is DO NOT google remeber googles does not have a doctors degree :-) You will be okay lots of us on here have gone through this and the horrible fear it puts on us! Imagine me when I had all the trouble you are having now I hadnt had a pap smear is over 20 years!!! So my fear was unbearable PLUS having such fear and panic I WAS scared to death of doctors!  Even now I go in panic seeing one!  So anyways  they ran me through the mill!  But Praise the Lord all was well! 
  • Posted

Hi Ellie. Just wanted to check and see how you were doing. When are you having the procedures?
    • Posted

Having a major wobble today.

So after my scan last week I had a message from my consultant to say that my lining was 36mm which still could be normal for me depending where I was in my cycle and was nothing to worry about.

My bloods were OK apart from ca125 which was 50 but had come down from 86 3 years ago when I had fibroids.

I have a history of endometriosis, I am 46.

I am having a hysterscopy and biopsy on Wednesday and feeling absolutely sick and so nervous. She has offered to put in a mirena coil and I am just not sure what to do as heard good and bad.

The consultant at myappt didn't seem concerned and said she was 99% sure all will be OK but that was before my scan.

So scared everything I read with a thickness of 36mm points is endometrial

• Posted

I have found that googling anything will tell you

that you are dying . I don't do that anymore . It only makes things worse !!!

• Posted

I have made this mistake now worry so much it's making me sick concerns about bleeding for 4 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.