Please help - overwhelmed and now confused by lab test

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. I have been experiencing a multitude of usual symptoms, the most prominent being extreme exhaustion, which is only getting worse (when I couldn't imagine it ever could) and a 27lb unintentional weight loss. Anyway, I had a positive ANA (only 1:80) and now my doctor has ordered an immunoglobulin profile - IgA, IgG, IgM. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him - my appt is next week. Will this test indicate the possibility of autoimmune disease? I thought I was a pretty good googler, but I'm not really finding anything that really answers my question. I am having such a hard time and waiting for answers is excruciating because sometimes I don't know how I can possibly live in this exhausted and unfamiliar body for even another week (I'm not talking about thoughts of suicide or anything - I just don't understand sometimes how it is physically possible) Thanks for any info! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rhonda, I have sent you a pm.  I had a positive ANA when I had a diagnosis of Sjogren's Syndrome  but there are other diseases too.

Try not to worry, I hope all goes well for you

• Posted

Hello Faith, under Rhonda's name & next to the star 2 [*2] in the blue box, there is an envelope, click on this & you will be able to message her.

• Posted

Thank you. Never knew that was there. Had some messages from 2 years ago!
    • Posted

Oops!!  Lately, I have started telling people if I send the messages because so many don't realise that we can send messages.

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear, what your going through. I completely understand, i hope your doctors not only replying on the blood test. I have been diagnosed with Igg4rd sc and my ig levels were fine. I had to get a biopsy. Energy loss, I completely understand and sometimes the need to be alone. I hope you do not isolate yourself. Its a very long, process, it was for me. Try your best to stay positive and i hope you are around people that understand, what your going through. I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.