Please Help- pinching headache and anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

So recently I have been getting this pinching feeling in the upper right back of my head. I also have pressure but I think that is from my anxiety and stress from school midterms.

I have a horrible fear of brain cancer. Last year I got so worried about them I gave myself horrible headaches that didnt go away until a doctor gave me some medicine.

But this one is diffrent, ive never had a pinch/sting pain before, they started in august I think and they came and went occasionally, now I feel it a lot, and I know part of the reason is because I am overthinking it.

Can someone tell me what headache this is and if its normal?? Its really scaring me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi there,

sorry you're going through this.

it's definitely not brain tumor or cancer coz brain tumor is always accompanied by nausea, fever and terrible headache.

From what you've just describe, it's more of tension headache triggered by your anxiety. stop over-thinking it won't help you at all and it's only gona get worse and worse then you will have racing thought, then will get out of control then you gonna go mad then inti depression then vicious circle then the worse. you don't wana go there. Trust your Drs and accept their diagnosis. Headache is basically how our head works. The more you stress or think, the more headaches you gon' get. Your head won't relax when you over-thinking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.