Please help ,possible ovarian cyst and in bad pain x

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi need some advice please I went to the doctors today as been having pain in my left ovary and When really bad radiates into the top of my leg been having it for nearly a week now. Pain did seen

Ease. During my period ,the doctor has referred me for a scan and told me to take

Painkillers which I have done but still in pain I walked up the school to pick my little girl up today

And hardly any pain but now I'm sat down I'm getting the pain again I don't know what to do ,how

Bad Should the pain be before I go back as it's not great and dont know how long I can carry on I'm So tired ,also I'm 45 and last year was told I had 4 small fybroids as well ,please help x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,I've been having lower back and right hip pain since jan ,been very painful painkillers weren't helping.So in March  went to a&e as had enough ,had x rays all fine ,but then found blood in my urine so took blood and booked me in got ct scan same week,as said looking at kidney problems.But the next day I passed out ,pain got worse so rushed me in hospital did early ct scan kidneys fine but found a 6cm cyst on right ovary which was a shock!Ultrasound confirmed was 6cm septated cyst!!!So please go and get checked out as I wish I had sooner as don't know how long I've had the cyst,been trying to conceive for over a year they said this could be reason why we haven't had much joy .Ive got 1st appointment this weds meet gynea doc then another ultrasound end may, see if'see there or shrunk ,but still in pain taking painkillers and on light duties at work until next scan as they were worried it could rupture due to slight bleed.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Lisa sounds like you have had a nightmare hope they sort it soon for you and you have better luck conceiving ,can I ask with your pain was it better when you walk around as I've just been lying down and quite painful but when I get up walk around etc pain is better x 
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply Lisa sounds like you have had a nightmare hope they sort it soon for you and you have better luck conceiving ,can I ask with your pain was it better when you walk around as I've just been lying down and quite painful but when I get up walk around etc pain is better x
    • Posted

hi ,it started early hours every morn between 4-6 am after being in bed ,thought was how I was laying etc or pulled something so struggled for 2 months in new job too ,just got on with it but in march got worse,did go docs first ,week before walked into a&e he just said got lower back strain!!but if didn't get better to go back in couple weeks but in mean time got unbearable.It does ease when up and about but if do  to much gets worse!ive heard it's the position of where cyst Is sitting presses against nerves!Id go to your docs  ,then if not better do what I did pop into a&e !
    • Posted

Mine was like that this morning around 5 managed to get back sleep but woke up about 630 crying ,my friends just been round and said she will take me to the walk in clinic tomo at hospital if I have a bad night ,I've read lots of info and the trouble with me is I don't know how bad is bad for the pain I do have quite a high pain threshold which I suppose is good but don't like wasting people's time if its not that bad ,thanks for your advice good luck  on wednsday xx
    • Posted

Hi I'm the same, never went to docs only once year for blood pressure as was on pill, I struggled from jan and I've got high pain threshold but I was in tears towards the end middle march had enough!!when paramedics came to house day after I popped into a&e I told them felt like was wasting their time,as I'm a carer too I believe emergency services are for people who need it.But glad now gave in as wouldn't of found cyst!
    • Posted

Yes definitely the same i think should I shouldn't I ,I think they know who Thanks for the reply Lisa sounds like you have had a nightmare hope they sort it soon for you and you have better luck conceiving ,can I ask with your pain was it better when you walk around as I've just been lying down and quite painful but when I get up walk around etc pain is better xtime wasters are x
    • Posted

Sorry not sure whta happened there think I copied and pasted previous message x
    • Posted

Hi Lisa how you feeling today ,I'm confused now as feeling better today just an achy feeling so not sure what to do ,is your pain constant or comes and goes x
    • Posted

hi,ive got constant dull ache in lower back and right hip but if do too much gets worse,thats why on light duties at work till get my next scan to see if still there shrunk etc etc,but i cant wait till end may so going to ask for nearer appointment.Did you say you had been reffered to have a scan,which one ct or ultrasound?have you had a date yet?In meantime it gets worse pop to a&e and explain they prob do x ray check urine and blood like me.It could be just an infection or kidney problems like thought i had 1st.
    • Posted

I don't blame you think yiu have to push and push for these things it's an ultrasound scan ,no date yet ,the doc took a sample of my urine to check she said would ring if it showed anything up but not heard anything yet,I've had kidney problems in past ,infections ,kidney stones this just feels different ,,my pains around my left ovary and top of leg but not in back ,I can understand why they thought kidneys with you as that's were I got my pain with kidneys ,I'm hoping my pain gets better between now and scan as can't carry on like this I have a 7 top year old to look after ,good luck tomo ,let me know how it goes ,don't take no for an answer x
    • Posted

Hi ,well met doc who was helpful and understanding ,told him when started having pains,where etc,said pains are from cyst and explained what type it is ,as it's septated (wall inside it so divided)it's more complexed.Gave me internal and felt my tummy said its bloated from cyst , got wait till end may for 2nd ultrasound see if shrunk, he said procedure is have to wait couple of months some cysts disappear on own but warned me mine might not!if hasn't and gone bigger. might have to operate but worried about my ovary so have to see at next scan .?Got to have another blood test called. Ca125 for cancer levels!already had one when went I hospital was fine!howcare you feeling today?
    • Posted

That sounds positive so perhaps best to wait for scan see if its shrunk especially as you want babies ,at least they are keeping an eye on with blood test ,do you feel better now you have seen him ?

im not to good today been hurting quite a bit but I think I've done to much been painting and cleaning doh ,sounds like if mine is a cyst may be a long wait before they do anything sad ,although I have heard that because of my age and no more babies etc might do something sooner ,is it because of your age  that there waiting or is it standard in anyone to wait ,to be honest the pain I get from fybroids and now this if it is cysts I would seriously consider going private because can't carry on the way I'm going x

• Posted

hi, ive heard all depends on how big cyst is? or how bad pain is ?if see you sooner etc,told me today its normal procedure to wait few months to see if it  shrinks.But told me if pain gets worse or have bleeding to go straight to a&e.I was thinking of going private through my hubbys work but will wait till next scan and see what happens if still there and im still in pain will consider it,as dont fancy waiting around.
    • Posted

I think its the not knowing with me just wish could have the scan quick ,I may go back docs tomo see if she can put scan through as urgent ,still don't fancy a& e as would have to go on my own but may have to if it carries on ,I have read the younger you are the chances are it will shrink ,not sure if you have heard that ,I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours shrink x
    • Posted

hello ,yea its the not knowing thats the worst,least i know ive got a cyst now never knew had it ,only went into a&e as pain got worse but then said was kidney problems,i would of had to wait for the week after for ct scan booked me in for,but through the night i passed out etc ,so rushed me back in.If you do go they prob wont do ct scan or ultrasound there and then unless in severe pain.I only had ct scan early as was in emergency room and had been in day before,and only had ultrasound as found cyst.Dont seem to rush things,im just going be stressed until my next scan,let me know if u get a date or go to a&e x
    • Posted

I've just tried to book a private scan can get in for Saturday but wouldn't take my card details for some reason so going to ring in morning ,if your stressed maybe you could do that mine will be £100 , perhaps you could still go private through your hubby's work and get an earlier scan but still keep the other scan appointment might help you if your stressed as if it's shrinked a little but at least you know going in the right direction x
    • Posted

Hi ,  had ultrasound yesterday and surprised couldn't find cyst on ovary !!had good look showed me screen so looks like it's gone on its own since my 1st scan when got admitted in march!!! Must admit pain hasn't been so bad since end April when went see doc ,so nurse said prob dissolved with my last period,(April) I'm pleased but confused as still have pain in my hip and right Lower back ?got appointment to see doc again in 2 weeks he will tell me results in more detail and what's next etc.also we've had appointment date for fertility clinic end June ,quite quick really !got to have tests done but maybe cyst was reason why we wasn't having much luck??hope your feeling better x
    • Posted

Hi Lisa so sorry I've only just replied I forgot my log in details so glad your cyst has disappeared ,I hope everything's ok now and you are having some luck with fertility treatment let me know. Well I went for private scan was all clear so went back to docs who referred me again to gyn and have now been diagnosed with endometriosis I have to have an injection once a month for 3 months which basically stop my ovaries working ( mini  menopause) had my first one today and no different at minute but I assume it takes time I have to go back after 3 months to discuss what to do next ,fingers crossed it helps as had enough now ,good luck with having a baby ,please keep me posted if you get a chance xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.