Please help! Quetiapine (seroquel)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really need to get off seroquel, it's ruining my mental health and my life. I take them for mood swings and for sleep, I'm on 200mg. There's so many bad things that accompany taking this pill and i feel like it's doing more harm then good. I'm also on lamictal for awful mood swings and I feel like if anything bad were to happen that those pills are my back up so I'm not completely mental. I was wondering if other people have gone off seroquel and if you have how did it go? Please please answer I'm desperate, I can't stay on this drug for another minute.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

We are all different when it comes to this type of drug, so your concerns can be quite exclusive.

Talk to your GP regarding your concerns, He will decide the best course of action

BOB

• Posted

I just got off it slowly. Was on 200 mg cut down to 100 mg for a week then 50 mg for a week then 25 mg for a week. Stopped last night no problems so far. Terrible medicine glad to be off of it.
    • Posted

Thank you I needed to hear that, all I've heard is horror stories, I'm glad everything is going ok smile

• Posted

Hope it goes well for you.mimfeel better off that medicine it made my eyes hurt and did make me crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.