PLEASE HELP! Random back, hip, butt, leg pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there! I wrote a similar post in another category discussion but thought I’d try here. I’m a 30 year old mom and have recently been hit with upper right side back pain about 3 weeks ago. It started in the morning as I was dropping my kids off to school and felt like I pulled or strained my back. Didn’t think much of it and it went away in a few days without any specific treatment. A few days ago, the pain came back but wasn’t as severe. It’s in the same spot and now my lower right hip, butt and thigh hurt too. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with horrible cramp-like hip, butt and leg pain all on my right side. It still hurts but it’s seems to be worse at night or in the morning. The hip, butt and thigh pain started about 2 weeks ago, went away and is back again. Not sure why I’m getting these “come and go” pains only in those specific spots. I get dull right arm aches as well from time to time. I don’t exercise, I pick up my 25lb toddler here and there. Please help! I didn’t get a doc appointment yet because of my insurance. Wondering if anyone has similar symptoms, my anxiety is so had because of this. Thank you!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

im an 18 year old male and i have also been having upper back pains that come and go usually after sitting in awkward positions but sometimes they happen randomly too. Mines been going on over half a year. ive had multiple chest x rays and they all came back fine so still no answer but just want you to know your not alone in this.

• Posted

Thank you for commenting! I'm trying not to freak out so much because this is a new pain. I've only experienced lower back pain. Hoping I can get a doc appt soon. Thank you again!

• Posted

I hope you don't mind me butting in but I think you should maybe look into stretching, posture and working on gentle core and muscle strengthening, it really only takes a few days for you to feel the benefits, hopefully this will help I would hate for someone as young as you to have spinal problems that maybe could be prevented with regular low impact exercises, good luck 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.