please help really scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 26 yrs old have had a lump/thickening of the skin for about a yr and half now went to doctors cause was getting worse doctor def felt it , first noticed it when i feel pregnant on my second child and got worse on thired child doctor sending me for ultrasound axilla both here on the 9th march more lumps have started to apear on my breast and chest area all on the left side and starting to shooting pains in my breast am not sure if i should go bck or not to doctors with it being so close to the appointment . just so terrafied since all the women on my mums side has had breast cancer still fighting breast cancer and my mum died 2 yrs ago from cancer any advice is appriciated thnx xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry you are having these problems. As you have only a few days to wait I'd reckon its best to do that as they probably wont be able to fit you in earlier at this short notice.

I know what its like to have worrying symptoms as I have just been through the same. Had pain in left breast, change in shape and feel of both, blue veins and itchiness so was terrified it was bad. Anyway had appt at clinic last week and had mammogram and ultrasound and results were normal. So never assume its bad until you know for sure.

You could contact breast cancer care free helpline on 0808 8006000 as they are really good at giving advice and reassurance. They are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-2pm. Also visit their website www.breastcancercare.org.uk as there is loads of info on there and forums where you can talk to others with similar problems. I found it all so helpful when I was worried.

Hope this helps xx

• Posted

thnx beck3076 that has settled me but not sure if they r doing the scan on my breasts r just on my underarm but i could tell them what else has happened on appointment. it just so hard not to worry was up till all hours thinking about it running through my mind it prob nothing to worry about but my mind runs away with its self. am happy to hear that all was normal for you will update on monday after scan xxx
    • Posted

Good luck with it and yes let me know what happens. I know about letting your mind run away as I have been doing the same! xx

• Posted

thnx for your reply thought about what you had said yesterday and i just dyed last night when i got in to bed lol was soo tired from not sleeping worrying about it but i said well it time to settle my self and worry when they tell me something to worry about thnk you so much for your support xx
  • Posted

got us done just on underarm radiologist saqid couldnt see any thing sinister and left the room and the women radiologist said full results will be with your doctor they took a few pictures so def know there something there but dnt know what till results r throughtold them about lump and he felt it  but he said he couldnt scan it cause he was here to scan under my arm not my breast will have to go bck doctors to c about the lump fingers crossed results come through quickly lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.