Please help - Red irritated labia minora rash

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm going to the doctors, but I have been before about the same thing and they have not been helpful. If anyone has any insight what this might be to help me guide my appointment and GP towards proper treatment, please say.

This rash has been present for several months, and when it flares canesten does work to calm it but if never goes away. I've had all the big tests and they are negative (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc).

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Edited

most likely thrush u need tk get thrush treatment canestan cream wont cure infection

• Posted

After my online research I was thinking the same thing. Thank-you.

I will push for treatment with my doctor. It's awful that sometimes I visit my GP, and it's as tough they actively don't want to prescribe any medication (I imagine they've been told to be cautious of budgets).

• Posted

i get you. get yeast test and see if it is that. let us know ur results

• Posted

my doctor's appointment has been cancelled twice. I feel like I wont be able to be seen until next year. This is so anxiety inducing. It's hard to see an end, where my intimate health is back to normal. It's affecting my relationship.

• Edited

i had my coil removed before this rash occurred, could they be related? (original poster)

• Edited

I have this too but mine gets so inflamed i feel like my skin is tearing apart! I can not wear no bottoms and my doctors just does not want to know, they believe its in my mind and have suggested i get counselling its driving me crazy!!

• Edited

I understand. I have visited the doctors 3-4 times about the same thing , with no proper solution, treatment, or diagnosis. I have also been told that they cannot see anything there, when I know my own body, and now something is up, like many of us.

Thankyou for responding, it can feel like I am the only person in the world suffering from this, it's hopeful to know others understand and can empathise.

For your irritation, have you tried over the counter canesten cream. I have used it, it doesn't make the rash go away, but it calmed it down for me. And for your comfort, I reccomend trying out men's boxers, they are very spacious for comfort.

Hopefully we will be back to normal vaginal health one day x

• Edited

have u had thrush test?

• Posted

no, it's been awkward to get an appointment due to being in lockdown. I don't see myself getting an appointment until December, earliest. I may get my own over the counter one.

• Edited

yes would try that and if not try getting thrush test could be persistent thrush, think i am dealing with same

• Edited

Hi there! I am experiencing something similar? Did you ever find a solution to this?

• Edited

hello, I have unfortunately not found a solution. I have had a vaginal tablet which is for thrush, but no luck. Have to book an appointment again.

• Edited

hi do u have answer? mine just like that. but it will bleeding during every my period cycle.

• Edited

Hello, unfortunately I have not had a solution.

For you, please see a doctor. I know someone who had bleeding between their cycle, and eventually they were admitted to hospital in a critical condition.

They had had a cyst on their ovary which eventually became infected. She had seen a doctor about it many times, but he had neglected and dismissed her, and eventually a part of her ovary burst.

Don't only see a doctor, but push for a CT scan of your ovaries and womb because the cause of the bleeding may be higher up

• Edited

Hi all, I finally have an answer: vaginal eczema. I hope this helps someone else. I had to go private, but spending a couple hundred for a consultation and bacterial test from a doctor who showed genuine care has been worth it.

• Posted

Hi, I was told it is dermatitis and prescribed a cream called Clovate, been using it since monday evening and its getting even worse with the itching and burning. IDK if I need to wait more before doing anything.

What kind of treatment you got for eczema? Has there been any improvement?

• Posted

unfortunately I haven't seen an improvement in my skin. I was prescribed only hydrocortisone. I'm going back to an NHS clinic when I an get an appointment.

keep visiting the doctor, keep being seen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.