Please help, scared need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am 49 years old diagnosed with IBS 10 years ago.  I have had two colonoscopies and two endoscopies..all normal.  Just some irritation found from the endoscopy.  I have every symptom of IBS, with alternating D and C.  But I would like to know if some of my abdominal pains and twinges are connected to my gallbladder or liver.  Can someone please tell me what a gallbladder or liver problem would present in symptoms...I am getting panic attacks and need some advice. I have no abdominal pain, just a crampy feeling on my lower right side and sometimes my upper right side just under or on my right ribcage.  Sometimes feel it in my left side ribcage too.  Very gassy and I do expell many times a day.  Any advice is welcome...


0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    The location of your cramping could be gallbladder related. It sounds like a visit to a dr and a request for an u/s is maybe what needs to happen. Feel better.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Is the gassey feeling possibly related to what you are eating?  Since you don't have abdominal pain, I wouldn't think you should zero in on a liver problem just yet.  I myself, do have, every 2 or 3 weeks, an attack I can only describe as intolerable pain which can last from 10 minutes to almost 3 hours!  I have no gallbladder, for years, have had all the tests you mentioned, plus, recently a CT scan, an MRCP, and now approaching more, tests.  My gastro man is a good one.  The latest plan is to do a complete liver panel study.  Jennifer, this may ease itself out and be ok.  Keep close watch on your symptoms and keep in touch with good doctors.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I agree with joolzy here. Maybe have an ultrasound scan or MRI.

    This should show if you have gallstones.

    In the measntime try to keep to a low fat diet and see if this eases the symptoms. Try not to worry.

    Take care and keep in touch


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I suffered with severe abdominal pain and got pain on my right side had an ultrasound scan and told i had sludge on my gallbladder and stones had my gallbladder removed. I would go back to your doctor if your not happy and ask for a scan
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up