Please help! Severe vaginal pain and boyfriend developed sore rash/spots on his penis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, new here and really need help! My boyfriend and I recently had sex for the first time in 3 months. Overnight after we had sex he developed spots on his penis and my vagina has become extremely sore. I am in a lot of pain and would be grateful for any explanations or help!

It has been 3 days since we had sex and I still can't even wipe due to the burning/soreness/pain/discomfort, whilst the spots on his penis look like acne and are sore too. For me it is painful to sit down or touch the area even lightly and I also have a similar discomfort to that of having a UTI (I have taken medication I have for UTIs and the pain hasn't changed). I have also developed a bump/spot near my clitoris and some red areas on my vulva. I took a mirror and tried to look more closely at the opening to see if I could see anything wrong but am not sure what a healthy vagina should look like. I am attaching images of myself for reference.

We thought it was odd that an STI would appear so quickly overnight and don't know if the fact that we are displaying these symptoms is coincidental. We have both had partners before each other but both tested negative for STIs before we started having sex with each other. We are in a monogamous relationship and live together. Not sure whether we need to go to the doctor or what steps to take due to lockdown and the risk posed by coronavirus.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Dear sara,

Acute onset painful genital ulceration is most commonly caused by genital herpes. The second photo clearly shows three superficial ulcers that I've outlined in yellow (attached) that would be consistent with herpes. If you're in a lot of discomfort try to get to your local A&E or casualty today and explain that you have acute genital herpes; otherwise try to get to a walk-in sexual health clinic tomorrow (Monday) explaining the same. You may need aciclovir tablets if you have active genital ulceration.

If things are gradually improving and the ulcers are drying/scabbing over, then take some painkillers instead like paracetamol and lidocaine cream/gel from the local pharmacist/drugstore. Peeing in a bathtub filled with lukewarm salty (2-3 tbsp cooking salt) water will also help.

Rgds

Adhari

• Posted

thank you so much for your help! didn't know onset could be so quick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.