Please help, sores around anus

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone else gets the odd little sore around their anus which can be itchy and a bit sore? I am newly diagnosed and have read a lot about anus itching especially in the night so I understand I may have cut myself in doing so but this is the third or fourth time I've had them now. I have shown a doctor who has said it does not look like herpes, I am wondering if anyone else gets them? Would really appreciate hearing from anyone. Thanks x

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had this issue since I was a little boy. The smptoms come and go when it gets ready, and the area around the anus becomes sore and is itchy.   I have informed my primery doctor but all I am told is I must be wiping it the wrong way with tolit paper and it doesn't look like herps.  The doctors has taken bi-ops to test the skin which prodused nothing.  Yours is the first time someone else seems to have the same simptoms.  WoW! 

• Posted

I have gotten them a lot, but since I have started using goldenseal tincture on them they come much less often. It really helps. The doctor wanted to give me an antibiotic cream to which I am allergic. So I did not want to use that. Goldenseal works great.
  • Posted

The tincture comes in an eyedropper bottle, just put some on your finger and apply to painful places, then wash hands well. The tincture is extremely yellow so don't wear white undies or they will get yellow! Do it twice a day for 3 or 4 days. The sores should recur much less often. When they do come back just keep applying, and they should come less often in future. It is very soothing, stops the itch and pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.