Please help - St. Marks have fobbed me off.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Im posting here as a last resort.

Ive been under investigation at St. Marks for the last year after having bowel and gut issues for years. Bloating, nausea, reflux, not being able to digest foods properly. For the last seven years ive also had to manually evacuate stools too (sorry, TMI). Its taken over my life.

The tests ive had done at St. Marks have come back inconclusive. The GI transit test (xray capsule) shows I had slow gut transit but the bowel muscle test showed there was nothing wrong with the muscles in my bowel. I was basically told I had irritable bowel syndrome but im not convinced.

Ive tried a Low FODMAP diet that hasnt helped. Some foods I cannot digest at all (tomatoes and peppers for example) I just cannot digest, and other foods (strong tasting like cheese or really creamy make me vomit).

Im absolutely lost and cannot lead a normal life as I spend most of my life either in the bathroom or in bed feeling ill or in pain.

Can anyone help or shed some light?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, before my final breakthrough I have had my issues for 4 years and I tried everything ... but not 100% consistent and long enough.. i thought I went gluten free, sometimes left dairy out.. everything didn't seem to work..

But after making a good sensitivity test (everlywell or so) I was finally sure I have to be consistent with leaving gluten and dairy out!

and it worked to 85 percent.

my final breakthrough came with the Vitamin B12, ginger and aloe vera and leaving fruits out! especially bananas!

good luck and remember, your body lives from what you feed it! all those chemical processes are taking place because of what you eat.. if you do something wrong the body will react with getting sick..

and you should get your body moving! get that circulation going to support the emptying process!! just walking every day for 1 hour is fine already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.